how many minutes she get for her broadband

ronalddonald 10:02 27 May 2010
  johndrew 10:10 27 May 2010

No wonder they keep making profits and can afford the TV adverts!!!!!!!

Mr Mistoffelees 11:15 27 May 2010

Look at it from BT's point of view.£158000 is a huge investment to see a return of perhaps only £14.49 per month.

Diemmess 11:32 27 May 2010

Several years back, there was an option to "register interest" with BT and possible broadband.

A local business man urged locally and in the local press - everyone to register regardless of whether they even had a computer. I think there was an automated telephone number, to include those who couldn't use the net.

How much good this did I'm not sure, but instead of vague promises of maybe next year, we had BB up and running within three months of the start of his effort.

ronalddonald 12:58 27 May 2010

I think the lady is better of having 3 broadband

ronalddonald 13:00 27 May 2010

Mr Mistoffelees bt want the pensioner to pay most of the bulk, i don't even think her retirement pension will go that far.

and BT can be pretty unreliable at times

dms_05 15:57 27 May 2010

She could of course receive Broadband from satellite for an initial investment of under £1k.

Or buy a £20 dongle and use O2 etc.

Forum Editor 17:18 27 May 2010

view of their profits."

BT is a business, and like any other business it's not there to spend over £100,000 just to provide one person with a broadband connection.

If there's one thing that gets my goat it's older people who play the 'I'm a pensioner, they should do me a favour' card.

Pineman100 17:34 27 May 2010

"If there's one thing that gets my goat it's older people who play the 'I'm a pensioner, they should do me a favour' card."

You're sounding a bit old and grumpy yourself, you know!

;o)

But I'm 100% in agreement.

ronalddonald and dms_05: she could only use a mobile broadband connection if she's in an area that has 3G coverage. And in rural areas, that's unlikely to be the case.

morddwyd 20:08 27 May 2010

I must say that as a pensioner they do do me favour in many cases, for which I'm very grateful.

I'm also a BT shareholder, and expect them to be a bit circumspect with my investment!

Forum Editor 23:09 27 May 2010

You don't have to be old to be grumpy. I find myself being quite grumpy about lots of things lately. My wife says I've always been that way, but she's exaggerating of course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache