How long to travel Orlando-Miami

STREETWORK 18:38 12 Oct 2007

Don't know if any souls out there in cyberland have travelled from Orlando down to Miami and know how long it takes. Going there soon and trying to plan ahead (the lady wants to go to the Everglades)...

in anticipation...

SANTOS7 18:43 12 Oct 2007

Orlando to Miami 235 miles

est. time 3 hours and 35 minutes

went to orlando in 04 but didn't get that far south...

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:44 12 Oct 2007

FASTEST ROUTE (Most expensive too):
Hands down, the Florida Turnpike, also known as the Ronald Reagan Turnpike.

You’ll start off by departing the airport. Take exit 2 (the blue one) towards 112 E (Miami Beaches & I-95 North). Pretty soon, you’ll hit your first toll. $1.25 please. Then take the ramp LEFT to I-95 North. Head North. You’ll want to stay in the second lane from the left. Continue to Florida Turnpike (exit 16, stay to the left). As soon as you merge onto the Florida Turnpike, you are greeted by a $1.00 toll at the Golden Glades Toll Plaza. Continue North. Soon, you’ll get to your third toll at the Cypress Creek Toll Plaza, also $1.00 (mile marker 63). At mile marker 88, you’ll reach the Lantana Toll Plaza but don’t worry, you only collect a toll ticket here. Coming up on your right hand side, yes that is Mount Trashmore in Palm Beach County. Trust me, don’t open your windows! With it’s many orange groves, cow pastures and mutiple landfills, the Florida Turnpike is definitely the most “scenic” route. Continuous glances at the Yeehaw Junction road signs and you start to think this road was made specifically for tourists! Keep on trucking north at around 80 mph but beware, the speed limit is actually 70 mph. You won’t have to pay another toll until you reach mile marker 236, the Three Lakes Toll Plaza. Here, you’ll take your ticket, smile at the attendant (’cuz you have now entered friendly Florida) and pay your whopping $11.70. Continue north along the Florida turnpike until you reach your connecting route to your final destination in Orlando. Depending upon which way you choose to go, you know you can expect another toll. With multiple tolls starting at $14.95, you’ll be thanking yourself it only took you 3 hours and 37 minutes to get there.

SLOWEST ROUTE
I really don’t want to go into this route as it involves many street roads and according to a Windows Live search, at 4 hours and 17 minutes, it is the longest with respect to driving time. Incidentally, it’s the shortest in distance at 229.8 miles.

CHEAPEST ROUTE
Now this is the route you want to take if you can barely afford gas.
You’ll start off by departing the airport. Take exit 2 (the blue one) towards 112 E (Miami Beaches & I-95 North). Pretty soon, you’ll hit your first toll. $1.25 please. Then take ramp LEFT to I-95 North. Head North. (If you’ve got at least one pal in the car with ‘ya, try the I-95 HOV lane in North Miami for a cool view, especially here in Miami Fla{tland} Along the way you’re sure to run into a few construction and traffic delays. You’ll continue on North until you reach the SR 528 / Beachline (formerly known as the Bee Line). You’ll take exit 77B and head west on the Beachline. you’ll come across two tolls: the Bee Line Main Barrier toll ($1.25) and the Bee Line West Barrier toll ($ 0.75). Depending upon your final destination in Orlando, you’ll want to hop on the Turnpike or I-4. Truth be told, you’ve technically been in Orlando for a bit now and you may have figured that when you passed MCO a few miles back on the left! I gotta say, this is definitely the longest route with respect to distance and time, but at $3.25, this is the cheapest option. I used to take this route in college all the time and loved making pit stops at Ron Jon Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach.

The Brigadier 18:44 12 Oct 2007

By what mode of transport will you be using?
This would help in working out the time.

octal 18:49 12 Oct 2007

If you are Florida planning this site is a good resource.

click here

STREETWORK 18:50 12 Oct 2007

Wow, cheers SANTOS7,

Going down driving a rental car. All those tolls...

I have also been to Cocoa and the surf shop, but this time plan a trip to either clearwater or daytona as well as Miami and Everglades.

Thanks...

Pamy 18:52 12 Oct 2007

Went by car from Orlando to Cape Canaveral then down to Miami no hurry took 6 hours. Everglade will take another hour.

STREETWORK 18:53 12 Oct 2007

Thanks all...

SANTOS7 18:55 12 Oct 2007

Hey streetwork have to say not overly impressed with cocoa beach the coconuts bar was OK tho (minutemen drive) RON JOHNS surf shop how ever is one of the most amazing buildings i have seen for a long time,
24/7 365 now thats what i call opening hours.
My sister is of to Clearwater in a couple of weeks she has some friends there.
Have a great time my friend...

Pamy 18:55 12 Oct 2007

Orlando to Clearwater about 2hours Take it easy

STREETWORK 19:14 12 Oct 2007

I wanna go today....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?