How Google Is Killing the Internet

spikeychris 19:47 12 Jun 2006

Any of you try searching lately? Notice the astounding lack of quality across the board, even at revamped competitors like Yahoo! (Nasdaq: YHOO) and IAC/InterActiveCorp's (Nasdaq: IACI) Ask.com? I feel your pain. I, too, have spent hours stuck in the revolving door of link farms, splogs, and scraper sites.

These sites look like they contain content, to judge by the blurb that appears on the search engine's results page, but when you see the actual web page, often there's nothing there but Google ads. (They can pull this off because of tricks like keyword stuffing and cloaking).

If there is some content there, it's often recycled material from other providers, compiled by an automated process.

click here
for for an interesting piece.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:09 12 Jun 2006

'The reality for investors is that Google is an advertising network'...no kid Sherlock and the Earth is round as well;-))

I have neevr had a problem with Google but I bet that I am one of the few people to read up thoroughly on Google help how to search correctly. :-)))

G

SG Atlantis® 22:42 12 Jun 2006

It´s definately in the search method.

kinger 22:43 12 Jun 2006

A good point made.

I run a home business magazine which shows ways of 'Earning an extra income while working from home' and you wouldn't believe the number of advertisers pushing Google Adwords and AdSense.

There are so many ways to fool the search engine giant's robots into thinking that your site is right to place the ads on.

Big money can be made from using the correct keywords, altering old content with programs that practically do it for you and simply placing loads of content, on any subject that ranks high at the current time, onto your website.

Update regularly, with your pre-defined 'content' and you won't fail to pull in the click through rates.

I'm wondering how long it'll take Google to track down the fiddles and fooling systems that create this income for those 'in the know'.

click here is one supplier of info that'll give some secrets away. Scroll down about half way to see my point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?