How do they get things so wrong and not even realise

bumpkin 18:44 17 Sep 2014

As a matter of interest I looked up my property on Zoopla with a view to getting a rough valuation. I have never entered any information regarding this property. Found it listed on Zoopla as having 4bedrooms, 1 reception room and 9 bathrooms. Where did that come from?

Aitchbee 18:54 17 Sep 2014

Was it the number of bathrooms that was incorrect?

bumpkin 19:16 17 Sep 2014

Everything was incorrect, am I likely to have 9 bathrooms?, nothing wrong with cleanliness but 2 is more than sufficient for our family. My point was where do they get this ridiculous information from.

bumpkin 19:31 17 Sep 2014

I have now amended it to give the correct information but any potential buyer may well have been put off by the ridiculous description given by zoopla.

Aitchbee 19:54 17 Sep 2014

If you have now amended it to the correct information ... then I would assume that Zoopla have anticipated that action on your part or anybody else on their books!

... 9 and 2 are not even close on the keyboard for it to be a typing error by Zoopla!

BTW - I haven't any interest in Zoopla as you might have gathered.

Aitchbee 19:57 17 Sep 2014

How much do you want for it?

bumpkin 21:07 17 Sep 2014

Aitchbee, I had not entered any information or even registered with Zoopla before spotting my listing by chance.

Misty, buy a ticket then.

bumpkin 21:13 17 Sep 2014

How much do you want for it?

Not a fortune just its market value but more than Misty's offer.

bumpkin 21:24 17 Sep 2014

Just to explain, had an email from "Martins Money Tips" which is not spam and one of the links there was to Zoopla Hence my knowledge of my listing on the site. Other than that I was unaware.

wee eddie 21:54 17 Sep 2014

Zoopla will have gleaned your house's details from your Local Council.

Now may be the time to, quietly check what your Rates Band you are in.

Beware:- If you query your Rates Band and they re-Band you, it will be based on the current value of the house and not the historic one which, because of assorted Governments fear of backlash, has not been redone for a couple of decades!

lotvic 21:59 17 Sep 2014

Is it up for sale for real?

It's the Estate agents that advertise on Zoopla (and RightMove)

Have you checked with Estate Agent that he has got your advert right?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?