How did you chose your username

bumpkin 18:06 26 May 2014

How did you chose your username (nickname)

In my case I lived in London for 35yrs and have now move 2miles outside. Those in my local pub at the time jokingly called me a country bumpkin. I used that name here which I regret as it conjours up an image of someone in a wooly hat sucking a straw :-)

john bunyan 18:28 26 May 2014

My alias wrote "Pilgrim's Progress". I see myself as a Pilgrim wandering through an increasingly shorter life, trying, without complete success, to make sense of it all.

wee eddie 18:31 26 May 2014

Mine's been my nickname since I was 15. That's over 53 years ago.

I joined a Rowing 8 and the Cox's name was also Eddie. As I was more than twice his size, "Mac" the Boatman, started calling me Wee Eddie and it stuck!

morddwyd 18:34 26 May 2014

I didn't, it was chosen by my parents, it's my given name.

Forum Editor 18:42 26 May 2014

My original username was china - chosen because at the time (thirteen years ago) I had just started a spate of business trips to China.

That name lasted a while, until PCA got in touch and invited me to take on my current role. I changed my name, and here I am. Where did all those years go?

tullie 18:49 26 May 2014

Wouldent be the same having to contact China when we had a problem would it?

john bunyan 18:53 26 May 2014

My late Granddad, a Cockney (Died 1948 at 80 odd), would call a friend "Me old China"

Cockney slang

bumpkin 18:58 26 May 2014

morddwyd, try and find it in your heart to forgive them.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:59 26 May 2014

When oven chips first appeared I used to take some to work to eat with French bread pizza for meal break. Some one found a picture of a Fruit Bat eating a chip, hence the nickname.

I been called a lot worse!

So when a name you can put up comes along, latch on to it, make fun of it, make it your own.

:0)

flycatcher1 19:08 26 May 2014

Favourite Bird - no sign of them so far this year.

csqwared 19:11 26 May 2014

Initials are CC, ergo csqwared. Used the 'w' just to be different.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?