How is the cricket going?

Bingalau 17:50 31 Jul 2008

We don't seem to have a lot of bragging about our cricket team's results, so I am assuming it is not going well.. I thought we had a lot of cricket fans on here.

Quickbeam 18:00 31 Jul 2008

I've got to watch it for three days from tomorrow. But that's life... and to make matters worse, the beer's not cheap:(

Forum Editor 18:43 31 Jul 2008

that the problem with team games nowadays is that the players seem to think that it's all about them and their egos/problems/life-styles/wages/vices, and not about getting out there as a team and playing yourself into the ground for your country/club.

Spectators - the people for whom sportsmen and women are there to entertain - seem to come way down on the players' list of priorities.

We can produce cricketers who are capable of beating any team in the world, but we don't. We produce people who make excuses for losing instead. International team sport is about going out and winning, or at least taking the other side right to the wire. Losing is something that's OK occasionally, but we seem to have turned it into an art form.

Snec 19:14 31 Jul 2008

True, FE, and not just at sport either.

Quickbeam 19:35 31 Jul 2008

"it's all about them and their egos/problems/life-styles/wages/vices" & "playing yourself into the ground"

For the financial rewards they receive compared to us ordinary fools, I want glory, or death in the attempt at glory...

laurie53 19:46 31 Jul 2008

I like the comment from the BBC newsroom about the rain today - "Like the England team - a shower that didn't last long"

Boom Boom!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?