How about a different kind of Pay Rise?

peter99co 11:13 27 May 2008

Is this a good idea or what?

click here

They can then have a salary review separately from an expenses review. After time the two could be merged to make it simple?

I bet a few people would like Lump sum expenses!
So tidy!

anskyber 11:18 27 May 2008

This is a complete nonsense. I'll bet if they get a flat rate we'll see the end of improved kitchens and the use of more simple abodes.

Allowances should be accounted for, after all they were happy with it before questions were asked. I wish they would give the public some credit for intelligence rather than this sham.

peter99co 14:45 27 May 2008

If they are going to rip us off I suppose they should do it in style. What is going to stop them voting in this kind of idea? Common sense, or bad press?

Forum Editor 14:48 27 May 2008

voting in this kind of idea?"

A sensitivity to public opinion, perhaps?

newman35 15:05 27 May 2008

Until the salaries and allowances is taken completely out of MP's hands this kind of nonsense will continue.

In the days when the public had some trust in MPs it might have worked, but not now.
Their collective greed seems to know no bounds, but what can we ever do as both (all) Parties are involved.

ray7 15:23 27 May 2008

"A sensitivity to public opinion, perhaps?"

I didn't realise that MPs had any sensitivity to public opinion.

They're more likely to appoint yet another quango
at a cost of millions, to determine an 'independant'
review of salaries and expenses

Grey Goo 20:25 27 May 2008

Anyone got 50 barrels of gunpowder going spare

peter99co 20:32 27 May 2008

I find the new transparency is truly exposing many MP's for what they are. The test of time will show the job really does need experts in their fields not double talkers and spin doctors.

Then we can expect some trust to return.

Expose the wasters and those in power only to line their own pockets and confidence will return.

They should ask themselves 'Did I earn my pay today?'

Is their tax a burden or can they reclaim that as well?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?