hospital beds

lofty29 14:17 21 Jul 2009

I have had to spend quite a bit of time recentley in various hospital beds and find them to be torture appliances, admittedly I am over 6ft tall, but cannot sleep or rest confortably in them, always end up scrunched up, with my feet rammed tight against the footboard. Yes they have fancy electrics to make them go into all sorts of shapes, but surely they could make them a bit longer. The other thing that I think is a bit wasteful, is that the bedding is changed every day this must cost a hell of a lot in washing, I can understand tidying the bed, changing it if soiled, or for a new patient, but changing it just for the sake of it seems very wasteful to me.

OTT_Buzzard 15:59 21 Jul 2009

I'd think that in a hospital it would be better to change bedding daily where possible. Warm, dark damp places breed bacteria...

laurie53 20:13 21 Jul 2009

Last time my wife was in hospital she was in some discomfort and they put her one one of these adjustable beds, with a myriad of motors that did just about everything but turn it upside down, all operated by her using a remote.

Fantastic machine.

Unfortunately she made the mistake of operating it one day when a four year old was visiting his grandmother in the next bed.

Watching my my wife contort the bed then became his daily afternoon treat!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?