Honesty in Politics?

laurie53 16:36 08 Mar 2009

On the very day that the Sottish Labour Party conference opened in Dundee, about a quarter of a mile away the Scottish Nationalist government announced a £30m investment in Dundee.

When asked if this was a coincidence John Swinney, the SNP finance secretary replied "Certainly not".

How refreshing!

sunnystaines 17:04 08 Mar 2009

click here

another mystery of missing ballot papers in scotland. sounds like they as just as bad up there as there are here.

peter99co 17:08 08 Mar 2009

More!

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 08 Mar 2009

"Honesty in Politics?"

Just fell off my chair laughing

:0)

newman35 17:22 08 Mar 2009

Oxymoronic.

Kaacee 20:37 08 Mar 2009

"Honesty in Politics"

If you find any please let me know, then I can bottle it and sell it for a fortune.

I won't hold my breath though.

rickf 21:56 08 Mar 2009

When the fat lady sings!!! AREN'T THEY ALL FISHY NOWADAYS.

Forum Editor 22:48 08 Mar 2009

"AREN'T THEY ALL FISHY NOWADAYS."

What a ridiculous suggestion - of course all politicians aren't 'fishy', any more than all doctors are, or all garage proprietors, or all train drivers.

There are 'fishy' people in all walks of life, it's just that you hear about them if they're Members of Parliament, you don't if they're train drivers. A sense of perspective is a useful thing.

lotvic 23:30 08 Mar 2009

"of course all politicians aren't 'fishy'"

maybe just some of them smell that way at times ;-)

laurie53 07:56 09 Mar 2009

"If you find any please let me know, then I can bottle it and sell it for a fortune."

I thought the original story, a politician saying that he deliberately set out to upstage a rival party's conference, was pretty honest.

At least it might be a start.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?