Holiday Films

Quickbeam 17:42 03 Jan 2011

We always get some much loved films on over the Christmas holiday period Zulu, Polar Express, Cars or whatever does it for you. For me it was Ryan's daughter that's just finished that I haven't seen for a good ten years or more.

For an example of pure character acting John Mill's part is it, there's probably only Tom hanks portrayal of Forest Gump that has ever matched it since.

spuds 17:56 03 Jan 2011

John Mill's played a superb character part in that film, but what about Dustin Hoffman and Alistair Sim's, in some of the roles they have played!.

Blackhat 18:00 03 Jan 2011

I didn’t actually find many of the usual this year, probably missed many due to being bed ridden by flu but did catch a classic for the first time.

Casablanca, must watch it again soon.

Also enjoyed the latest version of The Chronicles of Narnia. (It was really quite good).

birdface 18:00 03 Jan 2011

She wore a yellow ribbon and the Magnificent Seven were always on at Xmas time.
I think the magnificent Seven was on a few times but never noticed the John Wayne one.

birdface 18:04 03 Jan 2011

Sat and watched Casablanca again.
Still great to watch after all of this time.

Quickbeam 18:12 03 Jan 2011

The Searchers was also on over the holiday. That and Cheyenne Autumn were two westerns that broke the stereotype image of 'the savage redskin'.

Bingalau 19:16 03 Jan 2011

Looks like a good one on Thursday/Friday on BBC2, It's called "The Sinking Of The Laconia". It's in two parts so I am recording it so that I can watch it all in one go. I think it has got a group of German actors in it too, so the accents should be o.k.

morddwyd 19:53 03 Jan 2011

Once more for "She wore a yellow ribbon" and I'll have the complete script off by heart!

BT 08:16 04 Jan 2011

We watched "The Great Train Robbery" on the Universal channel yesterday afternoon.
Such a shame the unattended broadcast system managed to replace the last 15 mins with 15 mins of constantly repeated adverts!

click here

BT 08:18 04 Jan 2011

on the Facebook complaint sit too

click here

interzone55 08:51 04 Jan 2011

I was a bit annoyed when I saw that Film 4 are showing all three Godfather films just after I forked out for a box of all the films. It only cost £10 at Asda though, so not too bad...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017