HM Armed Forces Veterans Badge !

freaky 20:40 16 Dec 2006

Came upon the following information while talking to someone who did National Service.

Men and Women who served in HM Armed Forces up to and including 31 December 1969 are eligible for the Badge.

Full details: -

click here

anskyber 20:46 16 Dec 2006

Thank you, my Dad would say he is not interested in any way. I've sent him the link nonetheless!

freaky 22:13 16 Dec 2006

I would love to have one, but when I volunteered to join the services my application was turned down.....something to do with my mentality.

I am not worried because after visiting the link I made my own !

Bingalau 22:48 16 Dec 2006

The qualifying period of service is altered as more badges become available. So eventually people who served until the present day will be able to get them. There is a seperate one for those who served in the Merchant Navy, it has the "Red Duster" superimposed on it I think. ..Bingalau..

Bingalau 22:50 16 Dec 2006

Sorry! If I had looked at the link first I needn't have sent that info. ..Bingalau..

siouxah1 22:59 16 Dec 2006

It is a rather pleasing badge that does not look at all tacky. Very nice and arrives in a smart black box.

B

WhiteTruckMan 23:32 16 Dec 2006

as my service was after the cutoff date, but even if I did I dont think I would apply. Nothing against them, or anyone who does apply and wear them. Just not my cup of tea, is all.

WTM

Bingalau 23:49 16 Dec 2006

WTM. You must be one of the younger guys then? If you do change your mind about wearing one or perhaps passing it on to a family member, you will become eligible pretty soon, because they are for all ex Service people and, as previously stated also MN personnel. Go easy on those motorways, take care. ..Bingalau..

Jak_1 04:18 17 Dec 2006

Thanks for the info Freaky, I qualify by a year and 3/4 as it stands at the moment. Have filled in the application.

The Brigadier 12:20 17 Dec 2006

My Father did his Duty, served his Country for his King & Queen and saw front line action. For nearly 50 years he has had nothing apart from Campain Medals. Why Now?

Forum Editor 12:23 17 Dec 2006

Your question invites another - why not now?

If there hasn't been a previous medal there hasn't, there's not much anyone can do about that, and your father is one of many who are/we in the same position.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone