Hitler beheaded in Berlin !

Eow is nighe 12:31 05 Jul 2008

Intresting article is this, It prooves that TIME doesnt heal some "Pains", i find it eye opening that after 60+ years some are so unforgetfull, i personaly havent a good word to say about the man & i disspise him..

click here

Quickbeam 12:38 05 Jul 2008

Airbrushing history isn't a good idea but it's not new. The Egyptians have been known to deface carved columns describing out of favour rulers and they probably weren't the first either.

Cymro. 13:06 05 Jul 2008

I think it only right that young people in Germany should know everything about their history during WW2. So I am rather glad that Madame Tussauds has a waxwork model of Hitler as one of it`s exhibits.

I have wondered just how much do such countries as Germany, Italy and Japan tell their youngsters about WW2. I have always suspected that they teach very little in their schools about the worst of what went on at the time.

Bingalau 14:28 05 Jul 2008

There's not enough taught about the period in our own schools either. Try asking your own grand children and see how little they know.

laurie53 14:57 05 Jul 2008

I think you'll find that youngsters in Germany know much more about the realities of WW II than youngsters of the same age over here. Can't speak for Italy or Japan.

They are fully aware of it, of Germany's role, of the atrocities and of Germany's guilt.

However, they understandably and rightly see it as previous generations' problem, not theirs.

While it is a sensitive subject they will discuss it quite openly and freely, and by doing so perhaps may help to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Perhaps we should do the same.

Cymro. 15:25 05 Jul 2008

I don`t remember learning very much at school about the war either and as I was born in 1946 it was not all that long after the end of the war.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone