Hibernation.

Mr Mistoffelees 11:56 12 Jun 2014
Answered

I'm considering going to see my doctor, to see if she can put me into hibernation until the 14th of June, when the World Cup will be all over. I'll miss my birthday but, I've had a lot of those already.

Mr Mistoffelees 11:57 12 Jun 2014

That should read: 14th of July, d'oh!

john bunyan 12:04 12 Jun 2014

I am glad you started this - I fully agree with you - I have seen those ridiculous St George flags flying on cars more in desperation than true hope! I wish they would have a special TV channel for those interested rather than the main channels.

canarieslover 13:04 12 Jun 2014

Well, I shall be distracted by MotoGP this weekend followed by the Tour of Switzerland next week, a weeks holiday in Spain and back home for the Tour De France for three weeks. My wife certainly isn't interested in the World Cup so there will be no pressure from her, just as long as it doesn't interfere with her soaps.

caccy 13:07 12 Jun 2014

I foolishly thought that when the FA cup final was over we would get a respite from football!

Hibernation sounds good.

QuizMan 17:07 12 Jun 2014

I'm looking forward to it. It will make a change from those awful talent and reality shows.

bumpkin 17:42 12 Jun 2014

Quizman, based on our past performance it will certainly not be a talent show:-)

Brumas 17:52 12 Jun 2014

I really cannot stand football, wrong shaped ball for me, so I think I will join Mr Mistoffelees in hibernation if there is room and if he does not snore! ;o}

Aitchbee 18:34 12 Jun 2014

... I will be dustin' down and reawakenin' the big telly in my bedroom 'cos some of the matches will be kicking-off at 11pm, but I'd best keep the volume down to a whisper 'cos I don't want to upset my neighbours, whose bedroom is on the other side of the 'party-wall'.

PS. Small wagers on a particular 'correct score' will help keep me interested.

BT 18:56 12 Jun 2014

I've been collecting loads of stuff on my TIVO box to watch when the football takes over any of the channels I normally watch.

fourm member 18:56 12 Jun 2014

Aitchbee

But you are in Scotland. You're not supposed to have any interest in the World Cup. At least I assume that's why 'The Sun's' giveaway edition is only going to homes in England.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?