Here's a Tricky one for you all!

tein 21:17 20 Sep 2009

Ok i'l buy a pint to anyone that guesses correctly here! (Chuckles)

I worked for Forte Hotels for allmost ten years! (In All the standards right upto the Meridien) & whilst i worked in the Carlisle posthouse in 1998 i had my photo taken with these ladies! they was from two well known american female bands who was touring the UK at that time, they had hits in the 70/80's! i thought at the time it was Sister Sledge & either the supreems or Three Degree's

BUT i've lost who they where can you help please.?

Here they are:

click here

tein 21:21 20 Sep 2009

BTW i'm the one in the white shirt third from left! i wish i was that frame now!

peter99co 21:24 20 Sep 2009

Part of the Motown Tour of Britain. Very badly publicised at the time?

tein 21:39 20 Sep 2009

peter99co.? is that what they was part of.? any idea on there names & who they are please.?

peter99co 21:44 20 Sep 2009

No info but it was on the BBC Three a while ago I think. The tour had problems because it was a first attempt. Ended well though I think. Some Soul followers should have no problem picking them out.

peter99co 21:50 20 Sep 2009
  peter99co 21:54 20 Sep 2009

A Google provides more up to date tour info.

i.e.

click here

tein 22:21 20 Sep 2009

Oh wow! so i belive that lady on the far left may of been Martha Reeves.?
Thankx for your replies & info Peter99co

Stuartli 22:53 20 Sep 2009

BBC4's The Motown Invasion was first aired in February. See:

click here

It was repeated three or four weeks ago and I watched it avidly from start to finish.

The tour was unfortunately not a big success until a decision was taken by the BBC to feature the Motown artistes on a special TV show.

The fact that it was hosted by Dusty Springfield was the key factor and within a year many of the Motown artistes rightly became big stars in the UK.

Stuartli 22:56 20 Sep 2009

I see from peter99co's link that the repeat I saw was probably on BBC 2 and a little further back than I thought.

But the basic facts remain the same...:-)

Stuartli 22:56 20 Sep 2009

I see from peter99co's link that the repeat I saw was probably on BBC 2 and a little further back than I thought.

But the basic facts remain the same...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017