Hercules planes rescue 150 from Libya desert

peter99co 18:28 26 Feb 2011

click here

That's more like it. Action!

Big L 266 19:32 26 Feb 2011

Hello.

peter99co....Probably only got there after Health & Safety 'jobsworths' had umpteen meetings and several risk assessments.

Big L 266

lucky1 19:34 26 Feb 2011

This'll make the mad man madder!

sunnystaines 20:30 26 Feb 2011

flew via egyptian airspace i expect

Big L 266 21:44 26 Feb 2011

Hello.

spider9....No criticism of our military whatsoever but a Prime Minister flogging arms next door to Libya, a Deputy Prime Minister on holiday forgetting hes in charge of the country, and a country run by 'jobsworths' civil servants in their absence are my targets.

Big L 266

Forum Editor 23:33 26 Feb 2011

The mission to rescue the people in the desert was extremely complex, and it took four days to plan.

While people like you were no doubt sitting around thinking your cynical thoughts, other people - politicians and civil servants amongst them - were carefully preparing a plan to send military aircraft into a highly volatile situation in utmost secrecy.

It worked perfectly, with no loss of life or injury involved. That it did so is because there were indeed risk assessments, as there should have been, and attention was paid to safeguarding the health and safety of all concerned.

I suggest that you leave this as it is, before you make yourself look even sillier.

Incidentally, your username appears on all your posts automatically - there's no need to preface each one with a pointless 'Hello', or to sign yourself off - we all know who you are.

Big L 266 08:05 27 Feb 2011

Hello.

Goodbye.

Big L 266

michaelw 09:43 27 Feb 2011

...While people like you were no doubt sitting around thinking your cynical thoughts, other people - politicians and civil servants amongst them - were carefully preparing a plan to send military aircraft into a highly volatile situation in utmost secrecy...

How do you know this? Were you sitting in at the cabinet meetings. Your silly assumptions give you no credit. Other countires were airlifting their citizens out from Libya long before our government got their act together.

A Scottish oil worker trapped in a desert camp in Libya with hundreds of other foreign nationals has urged Prime Minister David Cameron to "stop dragging your heels" and organise a rescue click here

spider9
...Why do you feel a 'Deputy' is not allowed a holiday - and what part of your brain actually thinks he's 'in charge of the country' anyway?...

We can only comment on what we have seen, studied and observed from the extensive coverage given. It appears that Cameron and Clegg share the responsibility of running the country. It is a system that has been used by previous governments due to the vast diversity of problems facing heads of government. In this instance Clegg was left in charge while Cameron was out of the country click here-'Forgot'-He-Was-in-Charge-of-Country-20110224-ktbcnc
Descending into personal insults is a sure sign of a person struggling to formulate a rational argument.

Forum Editor 10:50 27 Feb 2011

It's always best to check a few facts before leaping to the keyboard - it saves you from making a fool of yourself by addressing your scathing remarks to the wrong person.

I know that the desert operation took four days to plan, because both the Foreign Secretary, and the army have said so.

People who complained that nothing was being done were not aware that a rescue mission was being planned because for obvious reasons they couldn't be told.

peter99co 11:07 27 Feb 2011

I guessed that a military solution was afoot when a minister on a TV interview said "he could say anything at the moment" It seemed an odd thing to say and was almost a slip of the tongue.

That seemed to confirm to me they where "up to summat"

I applaud what they did.

The Canadian effort was a total waste and seemed very badly conceived.

peter99co 11:08 27 Feb 2011

Could NOT say anything at the moment!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?