Helproom courtesy

Pineman100 19:13 21 Jul 2008

I may be just acting the grumpy old [email protected], but it seems to me that an increasing number of people are posting questions in the Helproom and then just disappearing.

A number of the highly respected "regulars" post suggestions, recommendations and ideas, but the original poster just doesn't bother to reply, to thank them or even to close the thread.

Not only does this prevent followers like me from finding out the definitive answer to the problem, but it's also just plain rude.

Rant over. Back in my box.

day2strike 19:19 21 Jul 2008

Some people will post here & on other forums as they want a quick fix to their problem.
Once they have it they feel they dont need to use the forum again.
Thats life with the internet & forums.

laurie53 20:11 21 Jul 2008

Maybe so, but it's still rude.

Quickbeam 20:18 21 Jul 2008

a bit like slamming a door and saying nothing.

J B 20:43 21 Jul 2008

I did that once and got told off, politely I might add and never did it again, yes it is rude. J.B.

Bingalau 21:54 21 Jul 2008

Not only is not polite it is downright ignorant.

A little gratitude would not come amiss for being helped the way people are on this forum especially in the "Helproom".

€dstowe 22:12 21 Jul 2008

Worse than not getting a response is getting a rude or insulting one. There was a spate of this about 18 months ago such that I stopped posting replies for a while (or perhaps it was just my answers!)

MCE2K5 22:32 21 Jul 2008

It's still going on.

bobbybluenose 22:33 21 Jul 2008

Pineman100 not a rant just a valid comment on ignorance no need to go back into the box i am with you on this one my friend have a look at this click here

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:59 21 Jul 2008

I think it's probably quite easy to read a response and rush off to try it out and then forget to come back and say thank you/resolve the thread.

For me, personally, it's not a big deal.

Pamy 23:05 21 Jul 2008

It's not the "Resolved" tick for me, I just wish they would tell us what answer(s) resolved the problem for them, or what led to to it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?