Help X 2

VideoSentry 15:34 07 Nov 2007

What sort of duck is this? click here It was in Cheshams (Bucks) park and at first I thought it was a Mallard with a tea cosy,but..... The other is a place is click here in France just off the E11/A71 after coming down ( travelling North ) a steep hill with a valley to the right with this town about 3 miles from the road.
Any offers on either will be gratefully received.
Brian

VideoSentry 18:11 07 Nov 2007

What was weird is that there were 'ordinary mallards' and two 'tufty ones' and it was taken last Sunday (4/11/07)so I am not sure about the moulting thing?

egapup 18:50 07 Nov 2007

Elvis impersonator mallard is the official name.

lotvic 19:16 07 Nov 2007

It's a rather splendid Crested Mallard
here are 3 pics of it about 1/4 way down page click here

Bingalau 20:05 07 Nov 2007

lotvic. They are all nice pictures there. Thanks.

VideoSentry 08:51 08 Nov 2007

Many thanks for the info,I have E mailed the RSPB to see if they can give any more information on the Crested Mallard as you have stated there is little out there on the Net.
Now for France,id it helps I have found another of the same village:click here

VideoSentry 17:00 08 Nov 2007

I took a photo at Millay Bridge at 1258 and the village I am trying to identify was taken at 1337,I dont drive fast (@ 120KMPH max ) I have also had a quick look on Google earth as yet with no luck.PS I got a reply from the RSPB who state that it is a crested Mallard but it is not a separate breed.

VideoSentry 22:12 08 Nov 2007

It should be Millau bridge

VideoSentry 12:59 09 Nov 2007

Heading home ( North)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?