Help needed from viewers.

woody 10:23 13 Jun 2012

We can see quite clearly we have comparatively few contributors and many viewers.

Would some of the viewers, who do not contribute, care to enlighten us as to why you do not join in?

It is not like the "Help" section where you need knowledge of the subject - your opinion/input is as welcome as the more seasoned contributors.

Go on - try it - put pen to paper as they say.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

spuds 10:42 13 Jun 2012

This subject as been raised a number of times. Its a bit like people in dire needs and search for an answer to a problem, yet don't bother to return to the thread to provide an end verdict.

PCA have initiated an exercise to recruit more member's, perhaps to add to those who are already registered. But will the PCA forum return to the days of past, when this website was very active. Perhaps best to ask PCA about that?.

Forum Editor 11:22 13 Jun 2012

The first thing today is that our forum has always had a far greater number of Visitors than contributors. It's nothing new, and it isn't unusual - all big forums are like that,

The idea that in the past we saw more posts may be true, but it wasn't necessarily because larger numbers of people were involved. We just saw the same relatively small number of people posting many times- new topics were posted more frequently. Now we have a far higher traffic rate - many thousands more people come to us via Google links than ever happened in the past, but lots of them are not in the UK, and probably don't see many of our discussions as being of relevance to them . As I've said in the past, the way to increase the thread count is to post more of them - the solution is in our own hands a greater number of threads will lead to more posts, and so it will go on, at least it will as long as we come up with interesting topics.

Cymro. 11:48 13 Jun 2012

I used to contribute quite often but just seem to have got out of the habit of doing so. No particular reason, perhaps I have not come across a thread I find interesting enough. If I do post then I feel obliged to track that thread and so put more time and effort in to it than I am willing to do.

wiz-king 12:18 13 Jun 2012

I think posting on forums goes in and out of fashion, like blogging, facebook,and tweeting. I used to get up to 50 comments a day on my blog in South Africa and now I get almost none, I know the same is happening on facebook and I expect twitter will lose a lot of traffic eventually when the novelty wears off.

wiz-king 12:19 13 Jun 2012

I think posting on forums goes in and out of fashion, like blogging, facebook,and tweeting. I used to get up to 50 comments a day on my blog in South Africa and now I get almost none, I know the same is happening on facebook and I expect twitter will lose a lot of traffic eventually when the novelty wears off.

finerty 13:09 13 Jun 2012

OK R U Woody Allen admit you R i Knew it I knew it you were Woody woodmpecker

interzone55 13:58 13 Jun 2012

Perhaps finerty's comment is the answer to why we don't get more posters, few people know what language to use...

wiz-king 16:20 13 Jun 2012

O agterstewe - dubbel pos

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017