Help getting a spare part from HP please

  Never again 21:00 12 Nov 2006

My friend has a HP 1703 flat panel monitor which has developed a fault.

I've done a bit of research on it and it appears as if this model had a problem with the power adapter, which was replaced under warranty until about a year ago.

I have had no luck trying to get a new one anywhere, even ebay, but I want to get a new one as they are prone to failure.

All the links to the HP parts store don't seem to work.

Has anyone got any suggestions please.

  hzhzhzhz 21:24 12 Nov 2006
  hzhzhzhz 21:26 12 Nov 2006

click here

best I can do.

  spuds 23:05 12 Nov 2006

Take the adapter to Maplin's click here and see if they have a suitable replacement.

  rodriguez 01:34 13 Nov 2006

HP Sauce or HP as in Hewlett Packard? :-P Anyway, any adapter with 240v, 1A input and 12v, 5A output should do the job. One that says 110v/240v will work as well, but make sure it comes with the UK 3 pin plug which they should do unless it's been imported. The adapter that hzhzhzhz posted should fit it anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?