Have you noticed a reduction in spam messages?

Forum Editor 16:09 30 Nov 2008

If you have, rejoice, for it looks as if the respite will be short-lived.

click here

TopCat® 16:22 30 Nov 2008

I have, and it was good to see the end of them for quite awhile. Now you go and spoil things for me and many others! :o)

Seriously though, I thought my spam had decreased because I now regularly change my casual email addresses. The facility to delete my email addresses was not possible with my previous ISP, but it is now. This is so useful when there's a limit to them. TC.

AL47 16:23 30 Nov 2008

google pics out pretty much all spam, of the very few it misses thunderbird usually gets them

AL47 16:24 30 Nov 2008

my hotmail one got alot more, but since the difficulties with it and thunderbird, ive ditched it

€dstowe 16:27 30 Nov 2008

Did reduce but now slowly climbing back. I think in a couple of weeks it will be back to as it was before.

amonra 16:50 30 Nov 2008

Cant really say I've noticed any worthwhile reduction in spam. As AL47 says, google filters out 99% of it, the rest I can live with. The only account to stay spam-free is an account kept solely for family members.

sunnystaines 16:57 30 Nov 2008

no, my google mail gets loads but google does a good job of filtering them

john bunyan 17:03 30 Nov 2008

Spam stopped via Pipex about 3 weeks ago. Considering the flak about them it was an amazing and apparently complete stop once I added the anti spam filter they offered. Keeping everything crossed it will stay this way! I used to get about 15 a day.

wiz-king 17:14 30 Nov 2008

My company spam dropped from 150+ a day down to just 4 on Friday, it's back up to 12 today.

spuds 17:25 30 Nov 2008

Definitely gone down at this end.Not looking forward to the predicted increase.

But why did it take the Washington Post action before a world-wide reduction was operational, surely there must be other 'regulated' procedures?.

Forum Editor 17:26 30 Nov 2008

My spam message count dropped away considerably,
but I've noticed that it's beginning to creep back again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?