Have I met a ghost

Apron 07:10 26 Nov 2006

or just a throwback. Yesterday I was struggling with a bicycle puncture, a young man came up the lane with a little dog and finished it for me. He was a love, no more than 15 and appeared a perfectly normal 21c lad. He came in to wash and had a cuppa and a piece of pie and went on his way. This is the strange part - he was whistling, now firstly, people don't seem to whistle these days, and secondly he was whistling 'Let me call you Sweetheart' How on earth would a 15 year-old know this? I looked at the charts - no revival. Was he from the past? Don't disillusion me I want to believe in my gallant ghost.

Probabilitydrive 09:18 26 Nov 2006

AAHH, what a wet handkerchief stories like this turn me into..Ghost? probably not,- but a gallant knight in shiny white armour? Now there is a thought.

It is at times baffeling, how much our attitude has changed towards the young 'uns. A little mover not wanting to nick your bike? Unbelievable...! A smooth shaker not gliding past you? D-oh!

They are still out there-the ones who know that just by doing something for someone else creates this fuzzy warm feeling, which makes you feel good...(ask yourself; do I like my gentle giant records? Of course I do...)

The song..now thats a good 'un. Only thing, which springs to mind is the X-factor. On it is a young lad, who knows your Sinatra from your Elvis..spectaculary old-fashioned good delivery, and he must be not older than 16 himself.

In any case here are the lyrics to the song click here

Apron 09:28 26 Nov 2006

Oh Probabilitydrive, thank you for the site. I know the song well It was a party piece once, me and Gramps. I'm nearly crying. I will enjoy the site no end, it's gone to Favourites. You are a star. Imagine if Gramps knew that I would one day find all his favourites on the www.

Arthur Scrimshaw 10:03 26 Nov 2006

is currently being used to advertise a mobile phone network on TV - the one with the wind up toy.

rodriguez 12:32 26 Nov 2006

Yes the song's on an advert which is probably where he got it from. It's shown quite a few times as well.

Apron 13:25 26 Nov 2006

All is explained, we don't have TV. Pity he wasn't a ghost, I could have my own secret garden. Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017