Harry Potter fans to be milked...

Seth Haniel 13:25 13 Mar 2008

Harry Potter chopped in two
'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' is to be split into two films, say producers - but when are they due out?

Yahoo News today....

donki 16:09 13 Mar 2008

Its because the book is alot bigger than the previous ones. I can see the benifits of splitting it in two parts as it allows the film makers to stick to the book without missing any out.

Personally I wouldnt fancy sitting through a four hour film. I did it for the Lord of the Rings when my local cinema screeened all four back to back and I will not be doing it again. So I think Milked is the wrong word, if they had tried to condise it they would have got critisim for missing out parts of the book.

rossgolf 18:33 13 Mar 2008

ive read all the books. the deathly hallows took me 5 hours.
i wouldnt mind it being choped in 2 becasue there were so many questions answered in the book. too much to be put into a 2 hour film

Forum Editor 18:35 13 Mar 2008

I see it as commonsense.

lisa02 18:54 13 Mar 2008

It makes sense to split it into two parts.

Lots of pages where missed out of the other books and as this is the final book with lots of loose ends being tied up it wouldn't make sense to condense it. I say that because I've read the books.

My other half has only watched the films, and has enjoyed them, so from his POV it could be just one film.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?