Happy......ish Christmas

Mr Mistoffelees 13:49 30 Nov 2011

Just been informed today:

Lloyds TSB Insurance have stopped my loan insurance payouts blaming my doctor's surgery for being slow.

The DWP have stopped my ESA benefit saying I have failed my assessment, so will have to appeal, again. Actually it was the local district council that told me!

EDF Energy have told me they want more money each month.

I'm already suffering from depression so, happy....ish, not! Happy...not Christmas. Still, I know there are plenty of people much worse-off than me.

What wonderful times we live in.

Autoschediastic 14:09 30 Nov 2011

Mr Mistoffelees i genuinely feel sorry for you! ive been in a similar situation! we had nothing saved up nothing coming in and lots going out?

If it doesn't rain it pours dont it! Yeah get the appeal in! & GL with it.

Brumas 14:19 30 Nov 2011

Mr Mistoffelees so very sorry to read your litany of woes, there is nothing I can do to help except offer moral support. I have experienced it and even though it seems nothing can get any worse realise there is a light at the end of the tunnel although it may seem a long way off.

Kevscar1 14:54 30 Nov 2011

Brumas Due to the economic cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

ams4127 14:57 30 Nov 2011

Mr Mistoffelees

You have my sincere sympathy. Hopefully someone, somewhere, will relight the indistinct flame at the end of the tunnel.

lotvic 18:28 30 Nov 2011

I just got a torch to help me fumble my way through my tunnel. Having a lean Christmas - my son asked what I would like and I told him a big pack of T.Rolls to last all through next year and Jumbo box of Washing Powder (he's near a CostCo) Bah Humbug ;-)

Forum Editor 18:33 30 Nov 2011

I think that it will be some time before we hear good news on the economic front,and before it happens there is going to be more bad news.

"I know there are plenty of people much worse-off than me".

Yes, of course, and I commend your attitude, but sometimes it's not easy to remember. I think we're all entitled to feel a bit hard done by occasionally, so let's agree that it's OK to come here and express it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?