Happy Christmas, to you and all......... ESP FE

De Marcus™ 23:52 15 Dec 2009

It's never happened on PCA, at least not in such a way as was celebrated in fine style as was celebrated the 2007 PCA party....(Yes I was there, as a very minor contributary to the proceedings) I've been a member for a long time and due to the anonominity of the interent I have cruised. It's never happened on PCA, at least not in such a way as was celebrated in fine style as was celebrated the 2007 PCA party.... I've been a member for a long time and due to the anonominity of the interent I have cruised through these forums like a breeze in the wind for the last 5 years, sometimes blowing a gust, ...or a wheeze, other times blowing a gale, but I've been here, since the beginning, under 3 different names, an impostor as Mr. Bourne would have it..... but mostly as a contributing member of the magazine. I'll commend Peter's attitude towards each and every post, he is a fine journalist in that respect but what makes this forum his own is his understanding of his clientelle, you, the general public and from this point forward is a gladfest, you see, Peter has to contend with differentiating black from blue, finding the middle ground, voicing his own opinion whilst pacifying the mediocre so they don't raise hell. And when they do, he has his response, immediate, thoughtful (mostly), without malice, and most defintely with wordly wisdom. Peter may have been an army dad's boy but that's a harsh experience in its'selfed through these forums like a breeze in the wind for the last 5 years, sometimes blowing a gust, ...or a wheeze, other times blowing a gale, but I've been here, since the beginning, under 3 different names, an impostor as Mr. Bourne would have it..... but mostly as a contributing member of the magazine. I'll commend Peter's attitude towards each and every post, he is a fine journalist in that respect but what makes this forum his own is his understanding of his clientelle, you, the general public, and from this point forward is a gladfest, you see, Peter (FE) has to contend with differentiating black from black, finding the middle ground, voicing his own opinion whilst pacifying the mediocre so they don't raise hell. And when they do, he has his response, immediate, thoughtful (mostly), without malice, and most defintely with wordly wisdom. Peter may have been an Army dad's boy but that's a harsh experience in its'self, moving from one base to another is stupendously hard for a child to ignore or comprehend but to get on with it as he did is remarkable. And, most importantly, judging by his posts, he did, and he was wordly wise from it.

Anyhow, below is a kind of memorium, the list below a memoir that will never be written except here: the guys from the days when I posted often, who were current, made a difference to me psychologically (i.e. made me change my mind or opinion ( a feat in itself) or who were around when I was, I thank you! Thank you PCA, saliva included, for making a difference to me and my family, you don't know how, but you did and I'm forever grateful.

strawballs: itchy as ever :-)
stuartli: I get the feeling your always welcome to the pca site, be it a tone of text from FE or the Man Ed, you've been around a while!
VoG: I can't find any old posts that are relevant so all I'll say is this, come back!, ........
Spikeychris: been around since I was here and most likely much longer!
Brumas: keep them photos up:, stock geting short? Not a problem, I can provide you with Beamish contacts :-)
Chris the OAP (ancient), sorry :-)
Anchor - been here for a very, very, very long time
justme: I remember you, do you remember me?
Topcat: I remember you, do you remember me?
Cymro:I remember you, do you remember me?
Pine man:I remember you, do you remember me?
White truck man:I remember you, do you remember me?
oresome:I remember you, do you remember me?
skeletal:I remember you, do you remember me?
ened:I remember you, do you remember me?
fourm member, surely you've been around since the beginings of earth???
Spuds, will outlast FE I'm sure....
Wolfie3000, started posting about 6 months after me, been around a few years, well done.

De Marcus™ 23:52 15 Dec 2009

Chegs: There's no forgetting the Chegs ®™!
barryoneof.co.uk: despite the blatant advert you've made a hell of a contribution to PCA
bri-an: hasn't been around as long as some members (naturally) but has contributed just as much.

GANDALF <|:-)> SPECIAL MENTION FOR SAID PERSON: Purely because he require's a haircut, long hair??? Come'on?? An excetional poster without doubt, has the ability to turn downright, cloud 9, on a high post's to what they are, drivel.... Fabulous!!

Pter99co: Also around when I was active.
Octal:
Cymro
Alan14:
AL47:
Clapton is god:
Fruit Bat:
Spuds:
Danzig:
Wiz-king
anskybear
Legolas
quickbeam
anchor
set haniel
gudgulf
recdap
bof:)
purplepenny
kev.ifty
lofty29

I do apologise if I've missed you, the list is kinda exclusive to thoe members who have made a difference to me, it ain't godly, it isn't even partly, it's common sense and once you've read enough of this forum as I have, you'll understand.

P.S.

There is but 1 God and that is me.

Yours Truly,

Godfry

Sorry Peter, but your under pressure now, guess who??? At least in time for Christmas! Your an absulte perfectionist but I can guaranteee? you have now clue, continue in public? or receed to private?

De Marcus™ 23:55 15 Dec 2009

please disregard the first 3 paragraphs, my spelling and grammar they've been repeated...

De Marcus™ 00:00 16 Dec 2009

lol. having read re-read the post I can guarantee anonyminity despite my drunken, poor, grammar and spelling but I'm here, and for the long term, go ahead Peter, guess..........

gardener 00:29 16 Dec 2009

What about Simsy and Bingalau? Also China whoever he or she was, from a long time ago.

crosstrainer 06:50 16 Dec 2009

Could continue for page upon page! I hope all members old and new have a happy Christmas. I for one will be having a very noisy one!

Best wishes to all.

Jeff

Forum Editor 08:35 16 Dec 2009

a stream of conciousness, but the sentiment behind it is appreciated.

wolfie3000 09:06 16 Dec 2009

StargateSG and Haol should get a mention too.

Always remember when we were discussing hobbies Haol posted that he was a hacker and FE nearly went bananas lol.

Well Happy holidays to you De Marcus, and to everyone else.

Brumas 09:18 16 Dec 2009

As Tiny Tim would put it, "God bless us, every one!"
Thanks for thinking of me but Fran has such a large collection it will last until the A1 is dualled here in North Northumberland (we are talking a lifetime here) ;o)

Cymro. 12:24 16 Dec 2009

well yes indeed I do, but I am surprised to be mentioned in such august company.

Snec 12:35 16 Dec 2009

I wouldn't want to meet you at a wedding, or worse still, at a funeral.

Happy Xmas, De Marcus™

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?