Halo 3

vinnyT 12:14 16 Nov 2006

Esp. for Wolfie

Halo 3 to have public beta test

Halo 3, one of the most anticipated videogames for the Xbox 360, will be released to the public in test, or beta, from next year.

From the BBC news site click here

wolfie3000 19:34 16 Nov 2006

I recieved the news on my rss feed from here earlier today,

click here

I must admit it did make my day :)

Bit gutted about the new map but news from the halo underground is that its going to be modded for the pc version of halo 2 when released :)

vinnyT 14:16 17 Nov 2006

Kind of guessed you would already have heard about it. Am pleased that it maybe modded for the pc though, hadn't heard that.

The Brigadier 14:53 17 Nov 2006

HALO and HAHO are acronyms that describe methods of delivering personnel, equipment, and supplies from a transport aircraft at a high altitude via free-fall parachute insertion. HALO stands for High Altitude-Low Opening, and is also known as Military Free Fall (MFF). HAHO stands for High Altitude-High Opening.

In the HALO technique, the parachutist opens his parachute at a low altitude after free-falling for a period of time, while in the HAHO technique, the parachutist opens his parachute at a high altitude just a few seconds after jumping from the aircraft. HALO techniques date back to 1960 when the U.S. In recent years, the HALO technique has been practiced by civilians as a form of skydiving.

HAHO is used for delivering equipment, supplies, or personnel, while HALO is generally used only for personnel.

In a typical HALO/HAHO insertion, the airplane will fly at altitudes of up to 8,000m (26,000ft).

vinnyT 15:08 17 Nov 2006

The Brigadier - thankyou so much for the education, though as a former Para, I already knew that.

The Brigadier 15:28 17 Nov 2006

Oh good someone else who has experienced the delights of jumping out of a Fat Albert being driven by Crap Airlines!

vinnyT 18:25 17 Nov 2006

Oh yes, the joys of being dropped 5k from the dz at sea.

Still they do try, remember they are the younger service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?