Had our BT statement today ....

Dragon_Heart 00:05 03 Jun 2008

They claim they have been reducing their 'carbon footprint' since 1966 ?

spuds 13:12 03 Jun 2008

Must be true, if that is what they have stated ;o)

ray7 14:28 03 Jun 2008

is there any link between 'carbon footprint' and 'customer service'. If so, they are correct. Customer service has certainly beeen reduced considerably.

Mike D 15:17 03 Jun 2008

Well, in 1966 Post Office Telephones owned a huge vehicle fleet and had their own shipping fleet. I believe that it's all leased vehicles and no ships now. Would that reduce the carbon footprint of BT by shifting the blame to another business?

Dragon_Heart 17:25 03 Jun 2008

" Well, in 1966 Post Office Telephones owned a huge vehicle fleet and had their own shipping fleet. I believe that it's all leased vehicles and no ships now. Would that reduce the carbon footprint of BT by shifting the blame to another business? "

That's how my old boss used to work .... and he left with a £30,000 'thank you'

rogerdavis 18:09 03 Jun 2008

I no longer pay them line rental or phone charges. So they don't send me a paper bill and I don't post a cheque back to them.:-)

result is a reduced footprint to and from BT.0)

oresome 20:11 03 Jun 2008

rogerdavis,

I'm in a similar situation to you, but was on paperless billing and direct debits so no unnecessary paperwork.

Now I'm no longer a customer, I get bombarded with letters from them asking if everything is still rosy with my new supplier or has the shine worn off.

rogerdavis 11:01 04 Jun 2008

"Now I'm no longer a customer, I get bombarded with letters from them asking if everything is still rosy with my new supplier or has the shine worn off."

They keep asking me if I want to go back.:-)))

No chance.

I pay by direct debit and my bill is available to read on line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?