Gym Memebership

MrNerdy 19:58 05 May 2007

I'm interested in if any other forum members go to a gym & what you pay for doing so.

I pay £38 per month at a local council run gym & that gets be gym access anytime & any day and for as many visits in a day i like. But is this a good price?

Cheers in advance.

MrNerdy 19:59 05 May 2007

Is it possible to correct the tile Mr FE?

DrScott 20:01 05 May 2007

at £5 per month. I have been three times in two years to play squash.

Watchful 20:07 05 May 2007

I don't go to a gym as it's too expensive for me. Our nearest one is about £45 per month although you can pay per session of about 2 hours each I think. Prices vary around here.

I keep fit by walking my dog, which includes a lot of free exercise, bending and throwing balls etc., and gardening.

wellshgit 20:30 05 May 2007

Whenever I get the urge to exercise, I lie down till the urge passes

Kate B 22:24 05 May 2007

I'm with wellshgit. Can't stand gyms, terrible places.

spuds 23:15 05 May 2007

Over 60, and your local council could perhaps provide gym and swimming facilities for free.

tammer 00:30 06 May 2007

At Virgin Active in central Edinburgh.

Forum Editor 00:31 06 May 2007

No, but don't worry, we've all done it.

Forum Editor 00:37 06 May 2007

are mutually exclusive. Full of people looking determined, and more than the legal limit of very posy folk. I stay in some pleasant hotels when I travel on business (why not? The client is paying), and even on the most idyllic of tropical isles I can't escape the gym folk, pounding away in the air-conditioning, seemingly oblivious to the scenic splendour yards from the door.

Later on I see them flaunting their perfectly honed bodies around the pool, and hate them even more. My perfect body doesn't need honing, I love every pound of it.

donki 01:08 06 May 2007

Im a member of Fitness First, £25 per month and can use anyone of their gyms in the UK. I found that by "threatening" to leave often get them to be very nice to you. Its a pity that paying that amount didnt come with someone to come to my house and drag me there 3 times a week cause I havent been in 2 months and im still paying..... Rite Im going tomorow!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone