The Green Tick

onthelimit 20:16 06 Mar 2010

I find it odd that so few people who post a problem complete the loop with a 'tick'. Even if they don't do that, it would be useful if they follow suggestions and cure the snag, that they give feedback as to which idea cured the problem. How can they be persuaded?

Legolas 20:53 06 Mar 2010

This has been raised many times, the ticking of completed threads or the leaving of feedback is down to the individual, some do some dont, afraid thats life.

Miké 20:54 06 Mar 2010

Bribery, blackmail or maybe offers of intimate bodily contact?

onthelimit 21:11 06 Mar 2010

Ohh, you are awful!

birdface 21:15 06 Mar 2010

Maybe if they changed the colour of the resolved button it might help.
The dull grey colour looks like a dead button and although they tick the box they do not press the resolved button.
How do I know.
Because I used to do the same when I first started using the PCA forum.

onionskin 22:01 06 Mar 2010

Me too.

lotvic 23:07 06 Mar 2010

most don't know that if you tick the box and then type a message and click on Post Response then only the message appears on thread.

The green tick + click on Resolved has to be a completely separate event.

Maybe we should make that more widely known?

Forum Editor 23:14 06 Mar 2010

we used to email people once a month, asking them to tick their threads if resolved. It was effective for a while, but after a time we started receiving complaints that we were harassing people, so we discontinued the practice.

ronalddonald 06:50 07 Mar 2010

i use to reply wiht a green tick or if you finished and your query has been answered tick the box will y. But alas there is none worthy to tick a box

morddwyd 07:23 07 Mar 2010

Of course, many posts are not problems to be resolved, particularly here in Speakers' Corner, but ongoing discussions which gradually drop off the bottom.

Even then, you still get the occasional "Lazarus" thread, even if it has been ticked.

oldbeefer3 09:36 07 Mar 2010

Apart from the 'tick', I would appreciate people letting us know what if any of the suggestions cured their problem - handy for future reference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone