Great place for a wedding!

CatTrading 11:28 20 Dec 2007

A couple in America have had an unusual start to married life - choosing to get hitched in a public toilet.

Lovebirds Jennifer Cannon and Doy Nichols from Lexington, Kentucky got married in a New York restroom as part of a publicity stunt for Charmin toilet tissue.

The company hosted the event in their "Charmin Restrooms", the Big Apple's only free luxury public bathroom facility.

Jennifer wore a gown fashioned from glue, tape and Charmin Ultra Soft and Ultra Strong toilet tissue.

"I'll probably get a lot of jokes for the rest of my life," she said.

"Had a lot of people saying if you start crying you know where to find the toilet paper."

The pair, who had never been to Manhattan, entered the contest after deciding an all-expenses paid trip and wedding was worth the ordeal.

Groom Doy Nichols was sold on the idea once he saw the toilet paper dress.

"I seen a picture of it on the internet, of what the dress could look like and I thought it was very, very beautiful," said Mr Nichols.

The Nichols plan to renew their vows in a more formal ceremony next year.

interzone55 12:20 20 Dec 2007

I'd like to see her offer to hand that dress down to her daughters...

"come on, you can alter it with a couple of Post Its and some kitchen roll..."

Brumas 12:40 20 Dec 2007

Let's just hope they don't end up a couple of loo-sers, sorry - just couldn't resist it!

georgemac © 12:46 20 Dec 2007

No problem ripping her dress off when they got to the honeymoon suite then and a good job it didn't rain

J Cricket 13:25 20 Dec 2007

Indeed, with all those tiny elephants she would have had a stampede on her hands!

(or have I got the wrong advert...)

€dstowe 15:21 20 Dec 2007

Marriage should be (and, indeed, used to be) treated with some degree of seriousness. Now it seems to can get married one day, divorced the next ready to marry again in a few days time. I used to think this was the prerogative of "celebrities" but, no longer.

The state of matrimony is being yet further degraded by things such as this.

I hope the toilet paper had already been used so as to match the contempt they seem to be exhibiting in this vulgar display.

wellshgit 15:27 20 Dec 2007

they could reconfirm thir vows at their own convenience lol

Blackhat 18:02 20 Dec 2007

Found the link if anybody realy wants to see this awful spectacle.

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:10 20 Dec 2007

You cannot buy class and style :-((

G

Pesala 19:11 20 Dec 2007

One sees more than a few of similar "News" items these days. Is this what people want to know about? More like the News of the World than the BBC I know and love.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone