Government 'loses one PC a week'

peter99co 14:28 22 Nov 2008

Mr Shapps, the shadow housing minister, wrote recently to ministers asking what equipment and data had been lost by their departments in the previous 12 months.

click here

Mr Shapps said the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office had not replied to his question.

So the true number is still not known!

syylo 14:41 22 Nov 2008

Its only a matter of time when this becomes a VERY serious issue, i cannot belive this has become or taken form of a "Regular" occurrence, in the last year there has been so much media attention with all the losses of infomation that i wonder really how safe our details are..??

it seems GB & AD say they WILL investigate it but it simply happens all over again..

Forum Editor 15:06 22 Nov 2008

aren't always lost in the sense that they can't be found - they're there, if you know where to look.....

Pineman100 15:20 22 Nov 2008

FE - you've used one of the biggest words in the English language, there.

"If".

laurie53 21:14 22 Nov 2008

One pc a week?

Next time they get it back they ought to chain it down!

ray7 22:45 22 Nov 2008

'Mr Shapps said the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office had not replied to his question.'

Perhaps they can't email their answer because they can't find their computer

peter99co 15:38 23 Nov 2008

'Mr Shapps said the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office had not replied to his question.'

Perhaps they can't email their answer because they can't find their computer

I think they are arrogant to ignore such a question and may have a lot to hide. I hope he pursues them for an answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache