Government health warnings on sausages

lofty29 12:33 31 Mar 2008

click here
I can see that in futer the humble banger will have to carry a government health warning, and may be banned in public places due to the dangers of passive sausage contamination

wee eddie 12:41 31 Mar 2008

these days ~ I'm not that surprised!

There are made from Mechanically Recovered Meat (MRM), it's a sort of slurry that is blasted off the bones with a water jet and then partially dried. Not too dry of course, that water adds extra weight and therefor value, but enough to stop you noticing it.

Proper sausages are a different matter.

Good Health is very much a matter of balancing what you eat and it's content with, how much you do.

Covergirl 12:47 31 Mar 2008

Something else on the list of cancer causing products. I'm selling up and going to live as a recluse in the mountains of Tibet where, no doubt, the sun will fry me to a cancerous cinder.

peter99co 13:21 31 Mar 2008

Is it safe to eat a Haggis after you have caught it? I love 'em

wee eddie 13:35 31 Mar 2008

I only ever eat the shorter legs; the longer, or downside, legs are a little tough I find. Maybe we should use these for sausages!

lofty29 13:45 31 Mar 2008

I hope the both of you are obeying all the human rights, and health and safety regulations, and not hunting them during the close season

wee eddie 13:51 31 Mar 2008

The little baskets are worse than rabbits.

If it weren't for the Tourists and the American Market, I don't know how we'd shift the stuff!

Quickbeam 14:28 31 Mar 2008

No one suggesting it's an untruth because of the source...?

donki 14:58 31 Mar 2008

Maybe they should be a below the counter item beside my ciggys :)!!

Buy your sauseages from a good butcher and your fine! A load of tripe if you ask me!

pchelper001 15:09 31 Mar 2008

didnt richard hammond do a programme about sausages for his 'should i worry about' series on the bbc? I cant remember the outcome, but i was pretty shocked.

Quickbeam 15:13 31 Mar 2008

'cause we'll all surely die of something or another, sooner or later, one day or another:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?