Gordon Brown & a pay Cut.?

tein 22:29 03 Sep 2009

Oh dear!

click here

dagnammit 23:07 03 Sep 2009

Why bother, his salary is a drop in the ocean.

birdface 18:10 04 Sep 2009

He offers to take a pay cut you moan.If he took a pay rise you would also moan.Why not give the man a break as well as the rest of us.
There must other subjects that can be discussed rather than Gordon Brown.

dagnammit 18:37 04 Sep 2009

buteman

Why not give the man a break? He makes decisions daily that effect our lives but we can't discuss him?

Tell an American that what the President says and does is none of their business.

I wouldn't mind seeing the PM's salary increase tbh... might attract a decent player to run for leadership.

birdface 19:37 04 Sep 2009

Yes I suppose It is news.But is it good news or is it bad news.Depends who reads it.And to me they must have been desperate for a story any story.
Most folk would be commended for taking a salary cut today.But it does not work that way.
Personally I could not care less if he got a pay rise or pay cut but to hit the headlines is just a bit over the top.
I may have been a bit harsh with my earlier comment but I am sure there are more important things in the world today to worry about than someone wanting to take a pay cut.

Stuartli 00:24 07 Sep 2009

I'm not one who would normally support Gordon Brown and in this case it's no different.

It's down to the fact that I believe him to have taken the wrong stance, but for what he obviously feels is the right reason.

Being Prime Minister must be a thankless task for anyone - on the go virtually 24 hours a day both in the UK and abroad, making decisions that affect millions of lives, constantly in the media spotlight and almost certainly enjoying little time with his family.

Yet the pay doesn't, to me, properly reflect the burden on his or any other PM's shoulders; in comparison to the vastly greater rewards (often for a much shorter working week) for many of those at the top in the business and commercial world, it's an insult.

anniesboy 15:36 07 Sep 2009

Crikey only £194,250 per annum ,that's only £25,000
more than John Terry "earns" in a week

Stuartli 15:41 07 Sep 2009

Puts it more into prospective....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires