This is good news & about time...

royalflush 23:50 14 Feb 2007

click here

its only took them decades to kinda find a cure..does anyone know where it originated as theres conflicting reports about the virus...

Kev.Ifty 23:58 14 Feb 2007

African Monkeys about 45 years ago I heard.

Jak_1 00:36 15 Feb 2007

It is thought that it was transmitted from bites from the 'Green Monkey' in Africa. However, this has never been firmly established but Africa does appear to have been where the virus established itself.
Tissue samples from the death of unknown origin (at the time) in the early 1960's of a Seaman having returned from Africa were re-tested in the 1980's and found to contain a virus of similar structure to the AIDS Virus!

Kate B 01:23 15 Feb 2007

One quite compelling theory is that it was a simian immunodepressive virus that mutated into a virulent human immunodepressive virus when trials of polio vaccines, which were made in monkey tissues, were trialled in Africa - in the areas where Aids was first noted.

Not sure how credible this reference is (it's from the University of Wollongong in NWS, Australia) but here's a very brief summary of how the thinking goes click here
click here for the rather weighty book that discusses the theory exhaustively. I've read it - it's fascinating stuff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?