Good News About South African Dung Beetles.

Big L 266 21:06 27 May 2010

Hello my fellow PCA'ers.

The theme of this thread is all about the South African Dung Beetle.

click here

You will be pleased to know that this tiny creature is alive and well and thriving in several parts of South Africa. There are many species of dung beetle to read about.

I do hope you'll take the time to cast your beady eyes over this dedicated website. Feel free to discuss with other like-minded members in here whose keen interest in this tiny creature is legendary.

I'll be back later to catch up.

Big L 266

Uboat 21:31 27 May 2010

These little fellas are damn intresting! ive seen them on biograpy's! there amazing!

MAT ALAN 21:32 27 May 2010

HO HUM!!!!

lotvic 21:39 27 May 2010

Well thank you very much, I have now discovered that the Scareb that my son brought back from Eygpt is in fact a Dung Beetle click here (youtube)

The aforesaid ornament no longer has pride of place on my bedside cabinet.

Forum Editor 23:05 27 May 2010

Relax, dung beetles and scarab beetles are one and the same. All dung beetles are members of the superfamily called Scarabaeoidea.

Get that scarab back on the cabinet, and try not to think about its last meal.

lotvic 00:20 28 May 2010

Urrgghh, too much detail ;(

Big L 266 09:21 28 May 2010

Hello.

Its good to know that you're talking about the S.A.Dung Beetle. This fine little creature sets an example to us all as to what we could achieve in our lives were we to put some additional muscle into things.

Messrs Cameron & Clegg take notice!

Big L 266

Clapton is God 14:15 28 May 2010

I understand that dozens more dung beetles are due to start running around the football pitches of South Africa in the next few weeks.

Big L 266 14:43 28 May 2010

Hello Clapton is God.

I'm not a footie fan at all. I assume if Ingerland are in the quarter-finals then I'll watch and cheer our lads on. Otherwise forget it!

Now there's a thread and half...footie songs from the past! I'll start...'Back Home' by The England World Cup Squad 1970 which got to No.1 in the U.K.pop charts and kept The Moody Blues at No.2 with their single 'Question'.

The dung beetle likes to roll big balls of dung several times its own size,yet the footballers like to roll small balls several times smaller than their own size. An 11-a-side dung beetle footie match - in national colours!

Goodness i'm bouncing today! (Pain relief for my 'arfur' and me 'fibro' can make me pretty 'high' sometimes!)

Nurse? The screens!

Big L 266

Pineman100 15:01 29 May 2010

"Dung Beetle. This fine little creature sets an example to us all as to what we could achieve in our lives were we to put some additional muscle into things."

So if I tried a bit harder I, too, could roll a ball of dung bigger than myself?

Damn! I wish I'd known that when I was younger and fitter.

sunnystaines 15:24 02 Jun 2010

on the tv a few weeks ago, one of the central american countries stuck a live beetle to a gold chain which you wore around the neck and the beetle crawled around the front of your jacket.

click here

anyone got the itch to buy one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires