Good days and bad days

Diemmess 17:52 06 Mar 2008

Today has been good with a big "G"
Twixt dawn and dusk the following things have happened to me.

The computer had two severe problems. A foul-up in Word which defied all efforts to correct until it became obvious that the printer driver was screwed up!
BB speed had a recently nasty speed crash for nearly a week in the afternoons. I'm now convinced it was the ISP meddling with band width and that has not recurred.

"The wheels" with six weeks to go inside the 3 year warranty had a problem and are safe home again with a new Dual Mass Flywheel, clutch, clutch cylinder and a wash and clean. Not bad to have avoided a £1000+ bill.

Phew!

crosstrainer 17:57 06 Mar 2008

Things (as "they" say) can only get worse!

Glad stuff is sorted...

Have all my business vehicles in for renew this month :(

I fear much expense.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:30 06 Mar 2008

Bad day

Required to run a radio maintenance course (needed in a hurry).

Trainees need to use a software package to test / confiure the radio.

I have the software installation files from Siemens.

No one other than IT allowed admin privilidges.

IT will not install it on my works laptop (several excuses)
and while I was online they tightened the security on my laptop so I now cannot use the USB ports.
Run DOS software from USB floppies and ALL my presentations run from Pen Drives.

Grrr!!!

birdface 19:35 06 Mar 2008

I consider it a good day when I wake up in the morning.

finlay.mitchel 20:24 06 Mar 2008

My new downstairs neighbour shakes walls and all with turbulent snoring..

Few noises can rival snoring for making one see red.

peter99co 20:44 06 Mar 2008

We heard of a guy who hooked a new caravan to his new car and went on a test run. The van unhitched and ran into another car. He drove quickly back to his home just down the road to pick up a tool to fix the van and his friend had it (the tool). He reached in his friends garage to get the tool and disloged a tin of paint which fell thro the back window of his friens car, lid open.He then went back to bed.

birdface 07:58 07 Mar 2008

My Nephew had to go into leicester for an Interview.On the way back to nottingham on the train He rememberd that he drove to leicester in his car.

dagbladet 09:51 07 Mar 2008

buteman

Similar

Used to drive from home to Hants every day for 16 years, same time (ish), same route. Had a day off, wife asked me to take little 'un to play group about a mile away. Set off in car, brain immediately engaged 'auto pilot', I was 20 miles around the M25 before little 'un pipes up "mum takes me a different way than this".

Bingalau 10:27 07 Mar 2008

dagbladet/buteman.. Don't panic, we've all done it at one stage or other. As you get older you do it more often though.

birdface 16:01 07 Mar 2008

Forgot to mention that my nephew was a school teacher.Mind you I took my 11 year old son to see a local football match 8 miles away and came back without him.Yes I think we have all had our bad days.Some good ones as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?