good classical music

mark3986 19:32 10 Jul 2009

id like to know everyones views on wot classical songs are good?i went bradford city last season and would love some help on wot the song is called they had the teams coming out with?thanks

Forum Editor 00:00 11 Jul 2009

From the Windows Vista forum.

jack 09:10 11 Jul 2009

Is good for you.
All people hear thing differently and appreciate for different reasons.
Music that you have never heard before can be easily dismissed- but perseverance will gradually attune YOUR ear to the magic of it - this applies to all Genre

As for the second part of your question, go to the Bradford City Web site and search or even ask them.
click here

Armchair 10:26 11 Jul 2009

I prefer my classical music to lyric-less, in most cases. My favourite is 'Pictures at an Exhibition' by Mussorgsky, which I never tire of listening to. His 'Night on a Bare Mountain is superb as well. Worth checking out reviews, because some recordings are sub-par.

So many other composers to choose from, though. Have you tuned into Radio 3 or Classic FM, just to get some idea of what's on offer?

Curio 19:00 11 Jul 2009

I also prefer Large orchestral pieces, particular favourites are Mahler, Tchaikovsky,Rimsky Korsakov.
Arias from various operas also liked.

laurie53 19:06 11 Jul 2009

"I prefer my classical music to lyric-less"

I accept the point, but there are some pretty stirring pieces in the likes of Carmen and Aida to name just a couple.

I've just finished watching Russian Night from the Waldbuhne in Berlin.

That was some atmosphere!

jack 20:11 11 Jul 2009

Older Romantic classics to Moderns
Big Orchestra and choirs- to ABBA and Enya
Take Enrico Morricone and his suite for the film The Mission.
The main them 'Gabriel's Oboe' now pops up as solo vocal with lyrics[Russell Watson] to one of the girl groups doing tricks and it is all good to listen to.

Mark 3986
Educate your self to love it all.

dukeboxhero 16:07 12 Jul 2009

Its good to see that more people are getting the chance to hear more clasical music through adverts and documentaries and as mark3986 says football games,Though i tend to listen to more modern composers , Like Ludovico Einaudi

Bingalau 16:31 12 Jul 2009

Jack "Electric"?

Curio 16:59 12 Jul 2009

Jack had a slip of the fingers.
I think he meant eclectic :>)

Strawballs 21:40 12 Jul 2009

I really like the music Ennio Morricone did for the Eastwood westons

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?