goldfish bowl facilitated conversation

interzone55 11:00 11 Mar 2010

Anyone have the slightest idea what that means?

click here

Awshum 11:09 11 Mar 2010

Something to do with sound waves and a twanging fork, giving the fish some nausea and a sore head in the process.

ronalddonald 12:35 11 Mar 2010

more like talking behind someones back about that person a form of critic-ting them whilst in the office .

Falkyrn 13:06 11 Mar 2010

In the one example I've seen it would appear to indicate a conversation/discussion that simply goes around in circles without actually accomplishing anything

OTT_B 14:05 11 Mar 2010

And there was me assuming that it meant a conversation that went round in never endign circles, facilitated council management who only have a memory that lasts for 3 seconds.

cycoze 14:07 11 Mar 2010

Goldfish bowl facilitated conversation - A meeting in which people sit in a circle

From click here , see the blue panel half way down the page.

And no, I had no idea what it meant either.

interzone55 14:22 11 Mar 2010

Thank you

That would be a standard type meeting format then.

Webinar is a term I particularly hate, and when ever any are organised at work I refuse to participate unless absolutely necessary.
Apart from the bad portmanteau name, they tend to be very annoying with the first 20 minutes spent checking everyone can hear and talk back, then you get someone in bulgaria or whatever who's phone is ringing, so they answer the phone without muting their connection to the webinar, oh they're a massive pain in the rear.

and don't get me started on the people who send in orders with "20 off" or "20no" instead of "20 of"...

natdoor 19:38 11 Mar 2010

I think that you will find that "20 off" is widely and correctly used in many disciplines. It derives from items to be made in accordance with engineering drawings or templates. A common example is when someone is described as a "one off", implying that he/she is unique. If one is referring to a stock of products it would then be appropriate to request "20 of those".

morddwyd 20:34 11 Mar 2010

natdoor is right.

"xx off" is standard engineering terminology in use for many years (in my case well over 60!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?