Going on from my Dr Who post ........

Dragon_Heart 17:17 24 Jan 2010

If you could travel in time you would age ? So if you were 50 the day you went forward 10 years you'd arrive 60 years old and if you went back again you'd arrive 70 years old !

So if you DO wish to go back in time to stop your evil twin being born don't leave it too late in your life or you'll be too fragile to reap the benefits.

Also if you travelled at faster than the speed of light you'd become invisible ? as light would be unable to catch up with you and reflect back off you.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:48 24 Jan 2010

I take it you did not study physics at school!

Dragon_Heart 20:00 24 Jan 2010

Quantum mechanics, Schrödinger's cat & String theory came a little later.

Please prove me wrong if you must .......

bremner 20:54 24 Jan 2010

Prove that you are correct.

OTT_B 21:17 24 Jan 2010

"So if you were 50 the day you went forward 10 years you'd arrive 60 years old and if you went back again you'd arrive 70 years old"

If you take 20 years to do the journey then, yes. But that would defeat the purpose of time travel.

"So if you DO wish to go back in time to stop your evil twin being born don't leave it too late in your life or you'll be too fragile to reap the benefits"

You assume that killing your evil twin at any points allows you to still exist.

"as light would be unable to catch up with you and reflect back off you."

That's like saying you can't hear something that's moving faster than sound. You can, there's just a delay.

Picklefactory 21:58 24 Jan 2010

I'd like to go back to the day before I got married...........

:o)

Quickbeam 06:27 25 Jan 2010

Would that be to change your mind, or to make a better job of it than the first time around...?

Dragon_Heart 17:59 25 Jan 2010

'OTT_B' "each action has an equal and opposite reaction" i.e. you can't have your cake and eat it !

" That's like saying you can't hear something that's moving faster than sound. You can, there's just a delay. " ..... but to get past the speed of light ( and below again ) and not get crushed by G forces by the time you slowed down enough for the light to 'catch up' you'd just be dust !
Just think 'Picklefactory' you're better half may also go back in time and change your mind or not !
Got to go now as I have lost a black hole somewhere ................

sunnystaines 18:00 25 Jan 2010

like to got back to 20 years old but know what I know now

OTT_B 19:18 25 Jan 2010

I think you've just contradicted your own comments...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017