Going for Gold?

laurie53 09:21 24 Jun 2007

Means not a lot to anybody else, but married 47 years today.

Where did they all go?

Laurie

Strawballs 09:38 24 Jun 2007

Congratulations I'll be on 25 next year and thought that was a milestone.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:58 24 Jun 2007

Well done.

Not managed to kill each other yet then?

I'm about 10 years behind you on this one and come close to homicide a few times and I'm sure my other half has as well.

"Where did they all go?"
Doesn't matter as long as you have enjoyed them.

Enjoy your day.

Cymro. 10:31 24 Jun 2007

34 years in my case and the best thing I ever did. Like most we have our ups and downs but I would not change anything. Is it not strange how some of us can be so lucky in love while others never find it, or at least never manage to make it last.

Brumas 10:43 24 Jun 2007

You could plead insanity and say you married in haste and wish to repent at leisure - I tried by getting married April Fool's Day 33 years ago reasoning that I would never forget our anniversaries ;o)

No,seriously well done - you both must be doing something right!

As Cymro.says
"the best thing I ever did. Like most we have our ups and downs but I would not change anything. Is it not strange how some of us can be so lucky in love while others never find it, or at least never manage to make it last"

Forum Editor 11:30 24 Jun 2007

You lived them.

We all have that 'where did the time go' feeling, and it's an interesting thing. Tell someone that you'll see them in a year's time and it seems an eternity. Discuss something that happened a year ago with a group of people and inevitably someone will say 'Was it really a year ago?'

My parents had been married for 50 years when my father died, and I can remember him saying that some things seem to have happened only a short time ago, when in fact they happened 20 years ago, or more.

Kate B 15:02 24 Jun 2007

Congratulations, laurie53 - and enjoy the celebrations.

The Brigadier 15:11 24 Jun 2007

Mrs B & I have done 25 this year.
She is just the same as when we got married.
The reason my business does so well is from the support she offers me 24/7.

Bingalau 16:56 24 Jun 2007

Laurie53. Congratulatons there's many more to come yet though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?