giving you the needle...

Seth Haniel 13:14 11 Sep 2009

A new law just passed in Massachusetts imposes fines of up to $1000 per day and up to a 30 day jail sentence for not obeying authorities during a public health emergency. So if you are instructed to take the swine flu vaccine in Massachusetts and you refuse, you could be facing fines that will bankrupt you and a prison sentence on top of that.

If you have not realized it yet, the controversy over swine flu vaccinations is about to get very, very real. The authorities know that a lot of people are extremely concerned about the safety of the swine flu vaccine, and they are putting the infrastructure in place to deal with those dissenters.

Let us hope that the worst case scenario with the swine flu does not take place, but the reality is that health authorities across the United States are gearing up for the biggest vaccination campaign in the nation's history. It looks like this fall could be very, very interesting.

click here

crosstrainer 13:22 11 Sep 2009

The laws in America are based on a "Sue you sue me" culture.

As I am classed as an at risk person, I have already had the Tami flu jab, and have been advised that "When tested" I will be visited by the District Nurse to administer the swine jab.

It would appear that side effects (of a possibly lethal nature) are present. If I have doubt's, then I make the nurse a cup of tea, and she leaves.

None of us will be "Route marched" or forced into having an as yet unproven vaccine.

Jak_1 13:30 11 Sep 2009

You cannot be forced to have any injection in the uk. Anyone administering an injection when it has been refused by the patient could be charged with assault!

Jim Thing 15:21 11 Sep 2009

"The authorities [...] are putting the infrastructure in place to deal with those dissenters."

OMG! You don't mean ...[gulp]... ASBOs?
[Scuttles off to hide under stairs]

lofty29 17:29 11 Sep 2009

So where does that leave their much vaunted constitution.

crosstrainer 18:57 11 Sep 2009

..Up the proverbial creek without a propulsion device))

Cymro. 12:28 12 Sep 2009

so there is no way I intend to refuse the swine flu vaccine and I can`t see any good reason for anybody else in crosstrainer or my position to say no to it.

If you are classed as being at risk then it is a case of balancing one risk against the other and as I have no way of knowing I will take the advise of those who at least know more than I do about it.

sunnystaines 13:11 12 Sep 2009

that jab is too risky no way would i have the jab

sunnystaines 08:50 13 Sep 2009

was thinking about swine flu at the time

crosstrainer 09:11 13 Sep 2009

The combined MmR vaccine? My sister agonised over it for quite a while...It's a small statistic I know, But when it's your child..Makes you think.

crosstrainer 09:27 13 Sep 2009

Yes you can refuse...A simple "No thanks" will suffice.

I am going to wait until the swine jab is proven medically

Make nurse a cuppa, And no jab.

I quite like my nurse, so having a tea or coffee is not an issue :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?