Germany Under 21's thrash England

Bingalau 22:41 29 Jun 2009

As an Evertonian there is a good reason for this defeat. The best player in the England team was left on the bench contemplating his navel. In the qualifying game against Germany he put the wind up them every time he had the ball by using it to perfection. They were scared stiff of him at corners etc. I'm talking about Jack Rodwell of course. So I can only blame Stuart Pearce for bad team selection. Why have you best and most feared player on the bench. Is it perhaps because he doesn't play for a London or southern based team?

WhiteTruckMan 22:49 29 Jun 2009

a public school exchange visit then?

WTM

Forum Editor 23:20 29 Jun 2009

he was on the field - at least for the last fifteen minutes or so.

Surely you're not blaming the 4-0 defeat on the fact that one player wasn't on the pitch for the full game?

Bingalau 23:50 29 Jun 2009

FE. "Yes"

Forum Editor 00:22 30 Jun 2009

Based on the performances of most of the other players Rodwell wouldn't have made the difference.

Bingalau 07:36 30 Jun 2009

Once again FE it's a matter of opinion, I think he is the type of player who inspires others around him. The team would have been a different team with him in it from the start. If only the manager had used his memory of the way they played in the game against Germany with him in it and used him. The result would have been in our favour.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:45 30 Jun 2009

Nothing supridsing here as it has to do with England+sport. Apart from Murray who seemed fazed by the match last night, against a much lower rated player, all our tennis players, bar one woman, were knocked out in the first round of Wimbledon. UK sport is a farce which gets support fom hapless taxpayers and questions need to be asked.

'The team would have been a different team with him in it from the start'..utter nonsense. You need to wake up. The whole lot were a bunch of cloggers and played hopelessly. One good player would have made no difference to this embarrassing lot.

G

Bingalau 09:42 30 Jun 2009

GANDALF <|:-)> Let's agree to disagree then. But you try telling that to supporters of Stanley Mathews or Tom Finney. Some players do make a heck of a difference to a team's performance. If that team last night had gelled from the start it would have been a different story.

Noldi 18:30 30 Jun 2009

Germany Under 21's thrash England didnt I hear about it.

I didn’t see the game I was watching Murry, but walked into a right ribbing this morning from my German colleges. A few you tube links by e-mail looked like the goalie had a bad game.

Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017