The General election results 2015

Forum Editor 16:14 15 Mar 2015

In about two weeks time Parliament will be dissolved, and the electioneering will build to a fever pitch. It is set to be one of the most interesting General elections for a long time.

I thought it might be interesting to ask you to make a forecast of what you think the end result will be in terms of our new government. What I had in mind is a forecast, not of what you would like to happen, but what you think will happen.

The aim is to avoid any party-political bickering, and there are no prizes for the person who gets closest to the actual outcome; just the personal satisfaction of having got it right.

chub_tor 17:35 15 Mar 2015

Here is my stab.

320 Conservative

215 Labour

40 Scottish Nationalist

25 Lib Dem

5 UKIP

2 Green

33 Others (Sinn Fein,Plaid Cymru etc.)

1 Speaker

650 Total I think

morddwyd 18:55 15 Mar 2015

I think a minority government.

While the Lib Dems will jump into bed with anybody who offers them a ministerial limousine, I don't think there'll be enough of them left to form an effective coalition.

I don't think UKIP will do quite as well as the doomsayers suggest, and if the Sots Nats do actually end up with sufficient seats to hold a balance of power Nicola Sturgeon has already expressed reservations about a coalition, but favours support (for Labour, the Tories are an absolute anathema)on a "case by case" basis.

We live in interesting times!

Aitchbee 20:00 15 Mar 2015

Using same order:-

344 Tory

186 Lab

49 SNP

20 LibDem

16 UKIP

1 Green

34 Others

ie. A Conservative overall majority!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:57 15 Mar 2015

A disaster!

Forum Editor 22:08 15 Mar 2015

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

With respect, that's dodging the question.

wee eddie 22:30 15 Mar 2015

I think that it will be interesting.

For almost the first time, votes for minority parties may hold the balance of power.

Flak999 00:04 16 Mar 2015

I think it will be a very close result, Cameron will still be prime minister but I think the Lib Dems will be wiped out. they will be lucky to retain 5 MPs.

I think (not surprisingly) that UKIP will be the big winners, perhaps as many as 12 MPs! (maybe more!)

We shall see, exciting times ahead. ;-)

Quickbeam 08:38 16 Mar 2015

Question dodging or no, Fruit Bat /\0/\'s answer is likely to be the most accurate!

For the first time all the pundits seem to agree that the old two party 'out turn', 'your turn now' system is over and that we will see mainly compromise coalitions throughout this century.

I've been unimpressed with the present coalition, but I wouldn't have wanted either of the major two to have goverened carte blanche. Nor would I again, so we need the major parties to bend their heads around the concept of coalitions and accept it rather than treating it as government with an interfering and unwelcome guest that keeps sticking their oar in.

Quickbeam 08:39 16 Mar 2015

Is the WTM party still active?

Quickbeam 17:34 16 Mar 2015

Does anyone need to revise their prediction since Milliband shot himself in the foot this afternoon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?