Gay-ness can be treated.

belfman 19:39 06 Jun 2008

Iris Robinson, an MP has said that she has a psychiatrist who can turn homosexuals back to heterosexuals.

She said this after a gay man was brutally beaten in North Belfast. And that she would happily put any homosexual in contact with the psychiatrist to help them turn away from what they engage in.

Her husband has just been made Northern Ireland's First Minister. He said that he does not support discrimination but will be guided by his Christian values.

Yeah right. I'd like to see her resign, and go back to the dark ages that she comes from, never mind just apologise.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:48 06 Jun 2008

Perhaps she should visit said psychiatrist herself, then ask him if he can treat her stupidity.

Earthsea 19:51 06 Jun 2008

obviously needs to see a psychiatrist, and so does her psychiatrist.

How can you turn a homosexual 'back into' a heterosexual? Surely you're one or the other.

Whenever I hear the expression 'Christian values' I immediately become sceptical. Often it can mean discrimination.

mrwoowoo 19:53 06 Jun 2008

Why assume all homosexuals were once heterosexual?

belfman 19:54 06 Jun 2008

Here's the story click here

laurie53 20:51 06 Jun 2008

Remind me of a friend who, when somebody said to her, "Are you still a lesbian?" replied "Yes. Are you still heterosexual?"

Earthsea 21:13 06 Jun 2008

I find it worrying that someone who is homosexual can receive psychiatric treatment to make them think they're heterosexual. Surely this must be psychologically damaging?

The fact that Iris Robinson is chair of the Stormont health committee is utterly ridiculous, and she should stand down immediately.

al7478 21:50 06 Jun 2008

et al, i just want to echo your sentiments in the strongest possible terms!

€dstowe 22:17 06 Jun 2008

Why does this woman and her "psychiatrist" assume that homosexuals want to be "turned around"?

Forum Editor 22:50 06 Jun 2008

has a wide-ranging knowledge of many subjects, as evidenced by her rich and varied range of interests, listed by her as Charity Fundraising for M.S. and interior Design.

She's obviously very well qualified to make prouncements about the intricacies of human sexuality. I sincerely hope that her deep religious convictions lead her to seek a little divine help in how to live with the knowledge that she has made one of the daftest statements I've heard. Her colleagues on the Stormont Health Committee must be deeply concerned about her state of mind.

rdave13 23:01 06 Jun 2008

Could be she had a queer turn and should have sat down for a while.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?