For gamers.

rdave13 15:52 30 Dec 2007

Not sure this is in the right forum and apologies if posted before.
Found this site, Gametap.com where you have to download their player to get free games. The best are Tomb Raider legend, Hitman etc. Need to register. Checked the site and player and everything clear of malware. Downloaded Blood Omen 2 for a trial and ok. 'Free' games available only for about 12 months.
Says it is compatible with Vista but having trouble with it so far. Will have to persevere with that one. Ok on xp desktop.
50 games free and some changed weekly. Looking for games to suit a 5 year old and maybe some here. (Not for me of course...though...;)

mrwoowoo 16:52 30 Dec 2007

Thanks for the excellent link,though i'm not sure if it's legal or not.
Might download a few myself.

rdave13 17:04 30 Dec 2007

Having studied more of the site it's part of Time Warner co., so perfectly legal.
On my xp system I have Comodo as a firewall and had no complaints. On my laptop I use Windows' own firewall and that wanted to stop some part of the program loading. Although I gave permission it's still not working as should. Laptop os is Vista.

rdave13 17:05 30 Dec 2007
  g0nvs 17:30 30 Dec 2007

Is there a catch ????

rdave13 17:41 30 Dec 2007

Can't see any. Of course they want you to join the 'Gold' for tenner a month or thirty squids a year if you want access to all games. click here . Not for me though.
It's a legit site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?