Game store changed?

Totally-braindead 16:54 30 Aug 2006

Anyone else noticed that their local Game store is selling very few PC games now?
My local one, I was in yesterday, had only 2 sections for PC gamers, all the rest were console games.
Bit dissapointing really but I suppose most people now buy online and hence its not economical for them to stock them. They have so little I'll very seldom pop in now as I can't really see the point, easier to buy online I suppose.

g0nvs 18:33 30 Aug 2006

Well, Game do online sales, I think nowadays Console games are better catered for. The main reson being cost, a console game can cost twice as much. Twice the profit ??? But I agree with you, the two Game stores in Nottingham stock very few PC games nowadays.

Mr Mistoffelees 18:36 30 Aug 2006

I certainly have noticed. I buy games from Play.com now.

Totally-braindead 21:48 30 Aug 2006

Well thanks for that. I did wonder if it was a local thing or if it was them all. From what you have said it does appear to be all the stores.
Its a shame really that I'll just have to buy online from now on but I suppose it is profit motivated.
I'll tick this as resolved now.

wolfie3000 03:12 31 Aug 2006

i buy my games online aswell, saves a trip out to the shops,

SG Atlantis® 09:15 31 Aug 2006

My local GAME had 3 bays and a pod for PC games less than a year ago... now it's down to 1 bay and 1 side of a pod.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone