The Gadget Show

pchelper001 20:51 31 Mar 2008

I am glad to see the return of the gadget show on channel 5. Possibly THE BEST technology show in the world!

Kemistri 20:59 31 Mar 2008

You are joking, yes? When the intro highlighted items about the world's most expensive gadget, an attempt to make an amateur special effects video, and a sort of Heath Robinson sled powered by water pressure, I sighed and switched channels. I found Uni Challenge on BBC2 and watched something intelligent for a while.

pchelper001 21:02 31 Mar 2008

haha you noticed my tongue in cheek! it is ok, but i prefered the older series.

jellyhead 21:29 31 Mar 2008

Sometimes wonder what happened to some of the bizarre inventions and gadgets that were aired on BBC's Tomorrows World by the likes of Raymond Baxter and James Burke.

STREETWORK 22:19 31 Mar 2008

Raymond who???

Joking there...

Goofyish 23:34 31 Mar 2008

Must admit I used to enjoy this programme more a few series ago - it's now gone the same way as Top Gear and become more about the presenters and silly "challenges" whather than concentrating on the actual 'gadgets'!

The competitions are well worth entering though :)

Stuartli 23:43 31 Mar 2008

If you like wasting money, yes.

Coffee Adict 00:36 01 Apr 2008

I liked the gadget show as well - but it has lost the plot somewhat.

Kemistri 00:38 01 Apr 2008

Too right. They may give away a huge bundle of stuff, but the sums (with rough estimates, of course) suggest that they're substantially up on the deal once a load of mugs - I mean viewers - have phoned in with the answer to their very easy question.

robgf 01:26 01 Apr 2008

I quite like the gadget show. It has become rather shallow, but it must be difficult to keep coming up with new angles, when reviewing cameras, phones, printers etc.

I like watching Suzi Perry, dribble, dribble...
And that little hobbit guy (I don't know his name) makes me laugh, he's so overly enthusiastic about everything.

Was it just me, who thought that diamond encrusted phone looked really tacky.

rossgolf 01:39 01 Apr 2008

it looked horrible. :@
wouldnt mind one though if i had that much money :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?