Friday's Identification Longshot/Talking Point

Brumas 20:47 01 Sep 2009

I shall not be posting the usual this Friday because Fran and I have won, well not really won (our names were drawn out of the hat) tickets for the Chatsworth Country Fair, courtesy of Yours magazine.
I wouldn’t have bothered normally because it is over 200 miles from where we live and the drive plus the cost of the petrol and two nights B&B would have made the ‘light not worth the candle’ so to speak.
However part of the prize is to be chauffeur driven round the proceedings in the Duke of Devonshire's vintage car, the Yellow Peril. Also we are to receive signed books from Alan Titchmarsh and Rachel Green, how could we resist?

So if you intend going, whilst trudging around with the rest of the proles, hoi-polloi and plebs spare a thought for us being chauffeur driven in luxury and please make a point of identifying yourselves by tugging your forelocks, we shall in return wave, with ALL the fingers extended on our right hands, as per the royal wave :o))

octal 20:52 01 Sep 2009

Enjoy yourself, it sounds like a good wheeze.

wiz-king 21:07 01 Sep 2009

Enjoy - its a good fair, one of the best.
PS Don't let Fran take your credit card! Lots of goodies to buy.

Bingalau 22:30 01 Sep 2009

If I am there no doubt I will be getting the usual two fingered salutation?

Brumas 22:31 01 Sep 2009

One too many :o)

Macscouse 23:30 01 Sep 2009

Why did you sign his Leave Pass? I'll have to speak to the Long Haired One on Friday night, now. Thanks, pal!!

gudgulf 23:41 01 Sep 2009

Chatsworth is well worth a 200 mile drive...chauffeur driven or not!!!

Enjoy your weekend.

Make sure you also visit Buxton.....and if you can,given your obvious passion for bygone years,the tram museum at Crick click here

Enjoy!

laurie53 07:07 02 Sep 2009

Note to Self - Do not forget this post and make yourself look a prat by asking where the Friday poser is.

Enjoy yourselves.

Seth Haniel 08:16 02 Sep 2009

guessed it already......... Chatsworth :)

Bingalau 23:02 02 Sep 2009

gudulf. Thanks for that info on Crich Tramway Village, Looks a promising area to visit in future.

laurie53 07:36 04 Sep 2009

I hope that's not an open top Roller they're in.

The forecast doesn't look good for those parts!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017