Friday 13th

Bingalau 13:39 13 Jul 2007

I thought there would be a tale or two on here about bad luck by now. Maybe the weather has caused everybody not to worry about it as every day has been a bit "Fridaythirteenish". Weather here in God's little acre is diabolical so I will count that as bad luck.

Pine Man 13:41 13 Jul 2007

Thanks for that untimely reminder!

I hadn't realised and the day was going so well.....until now and there is still 8 hours to go.

Bingalau 13:54 13 Jul 2007

Pine Man.. Put the wind up you have I? I thought it ended at midday? Oh Heck, I'm getting mixed up with April the first. I make it nearer ten hours to go by the way..

Jackcoms 14:03 13 Jul 2007

I'm currently unemployed and desperately job hunting.

Earlier this morning I received a phone call from a company with whom I had an interview two weeks ago. The position "has now been filled" (but not by me).

I've just received an e-mail from a company with whom I had an interview last week. I was "unsuccessful".

Friday the 13th is certainly working for me. :-((

Anybody need a Finance Manager in West Sussex?

monkeyboy21 14:03 13 Jul 2007

Not a bad day today for me, my friend's just had his first baby at 3am this morning! Congratualations to them!

Bingalau 14:12 13 Jul 2007

monkeyboy21. Nice to hear some good news. Congratulations to them..

Stuartli 14:32 13 Jul 2007

Agreed, monkeyboy21.

However, regarding the thread question, I was in the same boat as Pine Man until the subject was raised.

But I'm not superstitious so, hopefully....

benjiboots 14:37 13 Jul 2007

If any of you hold any sway in astrology then let me quote from Jonathan Cainer's site:

"We can't just ignore the fact that it is Friday the thirteenth. Or can we? It's certainly of little interest to astrologers. We measure luck by the cosmos not the calendar. So much famous folklore surrounds today's date that it ends up having an influence all of its own. Much the same happens at Christmas. And Valentine's Day. What people expect, they tend to create. On a day like this, people expect trouble. Actually, there may just be some strange goings-on soon. By sheer coincidence we are now in the spookiest lunar phase; the 'dark of the moon'."

Thought I'd throw that in the melting pot!

Stuartli 14:39 13 Jul 2007

How very kind of you...:-)

postie24 15:04 13 Jul 2007

Who remembers the film from 1980,Friday The 13th,a great horror movie.

Bingalau 15:10 13 Jul 2007

Not me, I hate horror pictures. Now if it had been about Cowboys and Indians I'd perhaps have remembered it. But I don't think they do Cowboy and Indian horror pictures do they?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017