Freeview query

Chas49 19:37 22 May 2009

As many of you know Virgin are now transmitting on Freeview all day. Up to the change over on the 20th both my Sony T/V EPG and Panasonic PVR EPG showed Virgin as channel 20 and both lists were exactly the same. But since then the lists on each vary - one showing the programs as starting 1 hour laterthen the other. I can now view either by switching the T/V to a different input (Av1 for the one) and it appears that one broadcast is analogue the other digital.

Any one know why Virgin are broadcasting that way ie:- rather like Dave and Dave Ja Vu.

Grey Goo 19:49 22 May 2009

Virgin 1 is on channel 20
Virgin 1+1 is on channel 35.
Have you retuned your tuners yet?

jack 20:12 22 May 2009

and I confess to be a bit woolly on this - Virgin is both cable and through the air-
So which are you and would it make a difference?

Chas49 21:24 22 May 2009

Thanks Jack, I knew that I had a sight problem and I had retuned both T/V and PVR but still couldn't see any difference 8-( - Thanks to your help in quoting the channel number (35) I have now found it. It is through the air.

Again, many thanks.

Chas49 21:31 22 May 2009

Sorry Grey Goo, I credited Jack with your help. I knew that my sight was getting worse but that's no excuse for my error - the real excuse is that when I saw the channel number I checked it out - then returned, read Jacks post before posting the reply - I should have re-read the posts.

I repeat my thanks - to both of you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017