Freedom of Speech or was it a 'D' noticed!!

eqskey 20:11 01 Feb 2006

~Posting only a link!!!!
Wednesday 1 Feb 2006 10:42 AM ~

The above ref. was to a posting to the Helproom which became very very lively.Although,there was no mention of sex,religion nor bad language I beleive this post has been removed ie censored!

The posting received over 30 replies and I am sure that even the members who disagreed with me would defend my right of free speech on this forum ;in this country.

A sad day for journalism.

stalion 20:13 01 Feb 2006

contact the Forum Editor by email he will tell you why

PaulB2005 20:57 01 Feb 2006

er look here - click here

stalion 20:59 01 Feb 2006

not the same thread,the previous one has been removed

VoG II 21:00 01 Feb 2006

I've contacted the Forum Moderator on your behalf, eqskey.

SG Atlantis® 21:04 01 Feb 2006

this is getting interesting, you had a go at us we had a go you.... it was fun. But I guess the FE doesn't want to hear of it. His choice I'm afraid and not a lot we can do about it.

stalion 21:06 01 Feb 2006

personal attacks on members are not allowed on this forum and it's probably best not to contribute any more to this thread as it will probably go pear shaped

SG Atlantis® 21:16 01 Feb 2006

It was light spirited and not personal, anyone could tell that, but your right stalion I shall respond no more.

eqskey 21:33 01 Feb 2006

Many thanks guys.
Real-time pc games are real.Play it to enjoy it.
Bye......mmmm?

anskyber 21:41 01 Feb 2006

Freedom of speech certainly but not freedom to be rude or insult. In my view you crossed that line and maybe the FE thought so to. At the end of the day the forum is run under clear rules which I am sure you will have asked the FE for. We are not here to outdo each other but to help, there are other sites if you want to engage in that. Incidentally, I say that as one who has also had a posting deleted but as they say the FE word is final. I can live with that.

Forum Editor 23:17 01 Feb 2006

instead of contacting me privately for an explanation, so by the same token:-

Your thread was deleted because you were behaving badly, and I received several complaints about it. We're not here to "have a go" at each other, as one person has put it, and your thread went too far. As for your "right" of free speech in this forum and in this country - you don't have one. This is a privately owned and operated web forum, and we'll run it - as we have for five years - by our own rules, and you have no 'right' at all to say whatever you like here.

You have no "right" of free speech in this country either, it's not enshrined in any law or constitution, it's a priviledge.

Next time, think before posting, behave in a sensible, mature fashion, and everything will be fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?